Would anyone borrow to get cosmetic treatment done

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Glittergal Posts: 1504
Just wondering if anyone has considered taking out a loan for cosmetic treatments for their wedding. I'd really love to get my teeth done but it would cost a fortune, but taking out a loan coming up to the wedding???
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hey Glittergal, i borrowed to get the invisalign done, personally i wouldnt borrow to get boobs or something like that done. I think getting your teeth sorted is an investment so id say go for it. Maybe get the loan over a long period (so small repayments coming up to wedding) and increase pmts after wedding when you have more money to clear it. You will get cash gifts at wedding anyway so use some of them to clear it.
andreac Posts: 43
Hiya, I think it depends if it is really really bad or is it a case that you are consious of it but no one else would notice? It could be a case that it is actually your special charm but you do not realise it cause it has become a hang up. I would love to do several things but h2b and friends tell me that it is only in my head could this be the case with you as well? :lvs
aylala Posts: 3673
A lot of people travel abroad to Bulgaria/Turkey to get teeth done at a fraction of the cost - I know a guy who did this and saved a fortune and his teeth are fabbo
glittergirlrachel Posts: 279
After the Invisalign post I think I am going to borrow from the credit union to get them done. I just don't have €5000 lying around and with getting the tax back on €5000 it's 1200 so you only end up paying about 3800 in total which ain't too bad at all Wouldn't pay for boobs though but DH might!!!! :o0
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
[quote="glittergirlrachel":3hrhhoek]After the Invisalign post I think I am going to borrow from the credit union to get them done. I just don't have €5000 lying around and with getting the tax back on €5000 it's 1200 so you only end up paying about 3800 in total which ain't too bad at all Wouldn't pay for boobs though but DH might!!!! :o0[/quote:3hrhhoek] Seriously think about going to Bulgaria, my dad got 16 teeth in a bridge done over there for €1200, he was quoted €900 each for them here . So €900 x 16 = € 14,400 He saved €13,200 and still had a holiday out of it and his tootles look great
mad woman Posts: 22106
yes