Would it be cheeky..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Little Kitty Posts: 914
To go back to the agency who placed me in my current job and tell them I'm really unhappy and want out?? I'm so upset as I really, really wanted this job when it came up but after nearly 9 months it's not at all what I was led to believe it was and I feel really embarrassed as I remember getting really excited when the agency told me I had the job. The Agency I went were were really good so I can't blame them, I was totally taken in at the interview. I'm sooooo bored and I feel like I'm going crazy here. Any advise?? :thnk
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
Exact same boat as you - have gone back and told them I don't like it. The woman I was detailing with is fab, other than wanting to knowing why I didn't like like she was fine and has my CV out there as I type.
pluto Posts: 3893
I don't think it would be cheeky at all. My friend did it. The agency will probably make more money out of it anyway as they'll have to advertise again. Bite the bullet and go back. You'll feel so much better once you start the ball rolling.
Little Kitty Posts: 914
Thanx for the replies girlies. I just feel really embarassed as nothing seems to have worked out for me job wise over the last 2 years and I'm begining to look like a freak. Will email them and see what happens.
pluto Posts: 3893
Don't feel embarassed at all. *) Just remember, they're dealing with people every day that are in the same situation as you, so they don't bat an eyelid. It's what they're there for. Good luck with it :wv :thnk
Loopy Loo Posts: 1774
Not cheeky whatsoever, I had to do the same thing myself last year. It's not your fault and it's not the agency's fault, just some employers are evil and sell you one job to con you into another. Go for it definitely, if you think the agency will look after your interests then you should be ok. They will totally understand! Good luck!
sorcha25 Posts: 532
they wont mind - i think it's at the 9 month mark they get paid the bonus for finding someone anyway! (thats why agencies ring up from tme to time to see how you're getting on)
anonymousbridetobe Posts: 1563
It's not cheeky at all, I'd say go back and explain your expectations and ask if they have anything more suitable, while saying you appreciated thier help. Good luck, nothing worse than not liking your job!
puggle Posts: 848
It's not cheeky at all. The agency would be delighted. They normally get their commission after 6 months anyway so would be happy to help you find a new job (as they'll earn another commission in the process!!). Why don't you have a look on the jobs websites too.
MrsBlues Posts: 5170