would it be ok to wear 'suck me in' pants at 9 weeks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Trooper Posts: 2155
I have the worlds flabbiest belly at the mo, due to eating nothing but crap on honeymoon (went to ny, niagara falls and vegas, so i ate nothing but hot dogs, bagels, muffins, pancakes, croissants, burgers, chips, ice-cream etc - all the stuff that can really bloat your belly). Cam home from honeymoon and found it hard to stop munching... quickly got pregnant and so finding it even harder to stop. My belly is now fat, not pregnant looking, just fat. I've put on 10lb since wedding!!!! I have a wedding to go to on 1st Dec (and another one on 28th Dec). Would it be ok to wear the suck me in pants for the first one?? I can tell everyone i'm preggers for the 2nd one.
mammybean Posts: 10364
i personally wouldnt but thats just me. yo could just say its wedding indulgance. you dont want to squast the little one
oirish Posts: 1541
Trooper I wore an all-in-one holder inner to a wedding in september when I was just past 5 weeks gone and I had to go upstairs after dinner and take it off - my stomach hurt so much from it as it dug into my tummy when I sat down. I don't know if there is anything actually wrong with wearing them but I think you will be so uncomfortable there isn't much point. Can you just wear a looser, more flowing outfit or something ?
[quote="oirish":1i3nxkwm]Trooper I wore an all-in-one holder inner to a wedding in september when I was just past 5 weeks gone and I had to go upstairs after dinner and take it off - my stomach hurt so much from it as it dug into my tummy when I sat down. I don't know if there is anything actually wrong with wearing them but I think you will be so uncomfortable there isn't much point. Can you just wear a looser, more flowing outfit or something ?[/quote:1i3nxkwm] Ummm, i could, but with being naturally large thighed, and with my normally d-cup boobs going out of control, looser, flowy clothes look awful on me. I could easily end up looking 9 months gone!! :o0
oirish Posts: 1541
ah. ok I get you :) well what about an all in one that streamlines more than rigidly holds you in ? can you get to a marks and spencer they have some really lovely stuff.
[quote="oirish":2k1zijuk]ah. ok I get you :) well what about an all in one that streamlines more than rigidly holds you in ? can you get to a marks and spencer they have some really lovely stuff.[/quote:2k1zijuk] Oohh, might try that, thanks!
Rubee Posts: 483
Hiya I had same dilema a few months back but I read Marks and Spencer boxes and they said don't wear them at all if you preggers even in the early weeks. Sorry for the bad news!
brideeee Posts: 1490
If I were you I wouldn't wear them either- might be a bit cramped for a growing bubs, Sorry-just my opinion, xx b