Would someone not just have given her 20p?.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FrenchToast Posts: 433
Just read this article and its just horrible. How could the people on the bus let a girl get off on her own late at night? What is 20p to make sure someone got home safe? We were always taught that no matter what you make sure your friend sget home safe and never leave someone on their own without a way home. I know this is a bit different but I personally couldnn't sit there and let someone not get a bus at that time of night for 20p. Is there no kindness left or do people only worry about themselves? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... money.html
FinallyMrsM Posts: 899
That's unreal. There's no kindness anymore!
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I just can't believe that a bus driver would have thrown the girl off the bus at 3am for being 20p short and that no passenger would come forward with the few pence she needed. I am just horrified. That poor poor girl.
Makka Pakka Posts: 620
I read this last week. So, so sad. The poor girl. And she died at such vicious hands.
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
[quote="Baby H":1xjvb6to]I read this last week. So, so sad. The poor girl. And she died at such vicious hands.[/quote:1xjvb6to] The article doesn't say she died? Confused...
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
[quote="Baby H":2oauiaxm]I read this last week. So, so sad. The poor girl. And she died at such vicious hands.[/quote:2oauiaxm] She didn't die. That is pretty horrific, and all for the sake of 20p. You'd think someone would have given her 20p, it's hardly going to break the bank. Such a lack of compassion.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Yeah I read this last week too it's horrific, hard to believe he wouldn't just let her off 20p, but he also wouldn't wait for her while she went to a bank machine. He has to live with that forever, I hope it haunts him every day. Imagine if he had a daughter and someone let her down like that.
bondijunction Posts: 805
That is horrific. What the hell is wrong with people, there is no way I would have let her get off the bus. Those people should be ashamed. O:|
rubymoon Posts: 756
She's not dead!
atina Posts: 2240
Im sorry but i hope that bus man feels awful...20 p for gods sake