Would these shoes go with dress - opinions please !

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
Myself and h2b were in Brown Thomas yesterday and I came across two pair of shoes that I absolutely love (although I love the first pair more !) Anyway, my question is - Do you think the first pair would go with an ivory dress (they are nude- but imo they are more champagne colour - they can also be dyed after the big day) I know that the second pair are probably more suitable, but the first pair are just so fabulous. Then the other thing is, is it absolutely crazy to buy either pair - the first pair are €225 dearer than the second pair) I dont want bridal shoes as I will never wear them again, also the higher the heel the better (I live in heels !!) All opinions welcome :wv [img:12lfc9bj]http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/images/catalogue/products/082GRANTSAT/082GRANTSAT_medium_fr_Nude.jpg[/img:12lfc9bj] [img:12lfc9bj]http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/images/catalogue/products/082GRANTSAT/082GRANTSAT_medium_pro_Nude.jpg[/img:12lfc9bj] [img:12lfc9bj]http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/images/catalogue/products/082GRANTSAT/082GRANTSAT_medium_bk_Nude.jpg[/img:12lfc9bj] [img:12lfc9bj]http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/images/catalogue/products/083POLITEMNM/083POLITEMNM_medium_fr_Gold.jpg[/img:12lfc9bj] [img:12lfc9bj]http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/images/catalogue/products/083POLITEMNM/083POLITEMNM_medium_pro_Gold.jpg[/img:12lfc9bj]
MRS.Q Posts: 558
Wow!!! I love the first pair but have to admit I dont think they would go with an ivory dress at all. The second pair would be more suitable..... :thnk
angel1978 Posts: 1154
To be honest i dont think the first ones will go with ivory. They are fab, i had my eye on them too in black for the day after the wedding cos i couldnt find any fancy ones that i liked for the wedding day itself. Sorry that probably was not the answer you wanted, although we do seem to have same taste, first bridesmaid dresses and now shoes :o0 On the second pair, they are not really my cup of tea but would go better with the ivory imo.
kingdom girl Posts: 955
wow FB they are unreal shoes, the first pair i mean! i got a pair of what i thought was ivory but they are more champagne colour, i def think they will still look good with the dress. Nobody examines your shoes & tbh i have to agree with you on the bridal shoes, i hate bridal shoes & you end up forking out for shoes you will never wear again. both my sisters said they would dye theirs after but they didnt. FB just wondering also what colour shoes you are getting for your BM dresses - im waiting on same colour as you. im thinking silver shoes would be nice
secret2012 Posts: 1134
I prefer the first pair. Will you be able to see the shoes under the dress?
[quote="kingdom girl":3nr009z1]wow FB they are unreal shoes, the first pair i mean! i got a pair of what i thought was ivory but they are more champagne colour, i def think they will still look good with the dress. Nobody examines your shoes & tbh i have to agree with you on the bridal shoes, i hate bridal shoes & you end up forking out for shoes you will never wear again. both my sisters said they would dye theirs after but they didnt. FB just wondering also what colour shoes you are getting for your BM dresses - im waiting on same colour as you. im thinking silver shoes would be nice[/quote:3nr009z1] Kingdom girl - Im going for gold shoes for the bm's as there is a gold brooch on the shoulder of the dress. Ah the first shoes are just serious....even my h2b loved them (he said that they wouldnt be noticable underneath my dress) but sure what does a man know when it comes to colours !! Thanks also MrsQ and Angel for the replies - Angel they are so fab, I was trying to convince myself that you may not notice but you are right.I know what your'e saying bout the second pair - they are actually a lot nicer in reality suprisingly but I would have preferred the Jimmy Choo Lexing shoes in gold but cant get them anywhere :o( so these ones were really just an alternative ! I think the search may continue !
[quote="strawberryblonde":44zvtw0w]I prefer the first pair. Will you be able to see the shoes under the dress?[/quote:44zvtw0w] Hi Strawberryblonde :wv No, you wont be able to see the shoes as the dress is floor length. The only time you wil see them is if I lift my dress (god that sounds like I'm a flasher :o0 :o0 :o0 ) or if I sit. These shoes are only available in black or nude and to be honest I dont think that they would look good in any other colours. I know that some wollies are getting the blue Manolo's from the SATC film so thats why I was looking for opinions even though I knew the answer deep down !
angel1978 Posts: 1154
Kingdom girl - Im going for gold shoes for the bm's as there is a gold brooch on the shoulder of the dress. Totally forgot about the brooch. I had planned on silver too. Is the brooch very big or would i get away with silver shoes for Bm's? Theme is white silver and rasberry so far so dont want to add in gold too. Sorry i know we have just went way off your original questions :o0
Angel - the brooch is like a dark kinda gold, but you could always just go and buy some silver ones as they dont come attached to the dress. If you want a pic of the shoulder part with brooch I can pm it to you
peepbobride Posts: 370
they are AMAZING shoes(the 1st pair I mean)....its a pity they dont come in an ivory colour....do u mind me asking how much they are?