Would this annoy you?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mop1 Posts: 1564
OK, there are 3 of working in the offices here. 2 of us have offices beside eachother and the other one is down the end of the corridor. The one at the end of the corridor does come up to our offices a few times a day but what is really starting to annoy me is: EVERY day as soon as I go on my break and lunch (we take staggerd lunch times) she up the corridor to have a chat with the other one and stays there until I come back and then straight away she goes back to her own office. Dont think im being paranoid its not like i think they are talking about me its just annoying me that she is waiting for me to go off every day. Am I being stupid or would this get on anyone elses nerves?
glowgal Posts: 949
Well I think it is rude to get up and leave everytime you come back to your desk but maybe they are good friends and just like to have a catch up on their own. I wouldn't take it personally but you could say something in a jokey way the next time you go back to your desk, you could say' Oh don't leave on my account, Im starting to feel like you don't like me! I think that will get the point accross.
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
Maybe it's just cos she can hog your chair while you're gone. Or maybe she is actually a b*tch. If she is you don't want her as a friend anyway. Next time you come back from lunch say 'Eugh, what's that smell...did you just FART?'. :hic
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
Maybe it's just cos she can hog your chair while you're gone. Or maybe she is actually a b*tch. If she is you don't want her as a friend anyway. Next time you come back from lunch say 'Eugh, what's that smell...did you just FART?'. :hic
gerbil Posts: 3528
tbh it wouldn't annoy me. people are often friendlier with one person than another in work, and they probably don't mean anything bad by it. It may just be natural for the two people left in the office to chat while the third is away. It's also possible that she is discussing something personal with the other girl...men trouble or work trouble...and simply wants to discuss it in private. It's probably nothing against you :thnk
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I wouldn't say it's anything against you. Maybe she likes talking to that girl on her own and doesn't like to talk to 2 people at once?? I would be a little curious though. Maybe try striking up conversation before she goes back to her office? That way she can't get away. Or you could call down to her for a chat or something to get to know her a little better?
CAD Posts: 63
women are bitcez... no other explanation... sorry! :o0
mop1 Posts: 1564
its kinda hard to explain, i get on well with both of them and i know they are more friendly with eachother than with me (both are much older) and thats fine, i get that, and im sure there are plenty of conversations that they would rather have togethr without anyone around, i get that too - its just the fact that this is almost every day and has been for the last couple of years
gerbil Posts: 3528
mop1 I bet you they are not really even aware of it - it's habit. They probably think "from x to x I'll doss down in your woman's office for half an hour, then I'll come back and finish this off" it's just routine if it's being going on for yaers. Why not pop back a little earlier from lunch some day, bring a bun, pop inot them and say "here I thought we deserved a treat" Break the routine and see what they do?