would this grate on you?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Moneytree Posts: 30
theres a cute girl in our local shop and we both frequent the shop twice a day whatever. But a while ago hubby firstly found out her name, no badge and would say 'oh marys on today she's gorgous and has a thing for me'. Ok so i dismissed it laughed it off saying yeah right your achient and shes only 20, as if, sort of thing. So anyway during the week my family wee over and i asked him to get some crips and choc for my little broter calling over. So were both in the shop yesturday(by the way he always jokes saying no dont bother coming in with me i dont want to be seen with u) and she on the till im handing her my stuff and she talks straight to my Dh asking how did he get on the other nite??? DH was like yeah i got on fine ...big stupid smile on his face... and im left thinking wtf are u 2 talking about?? I asked DH in the car park and he was (looking pretty triled with himself) 'like its notihng, when i wnet to get crips i told her the inlaws were calling around and i was dreading it etc'.... I feel so hurt, angry, livid at both DH andthis girl. If i was her i would never talk over the GF/Wife to their stupid bf/DH, would you? I jsut feel he is confiding in this girl about our PRIVATE information. Am I overreacting? I do feel quite unattractive lately anyway with being 32weeks pregnant and this one is like a 20yr old brittney spears.
Tinkerbride Posts: 392
[quote="Moneytree":29h0n17d] 'like its notihng, when i wnet to get crips i told her the inlaws were calling around and i was dreading it etc'....[/quote:29h0n17d] This part would have really ticked me off. He definitely shouldn't be telling some random girl about his issues with your family. Also, her mentioning it in front of you was BANG out of order. It would have taken all my strength not to bang their heads together. On the other hand, I dont think you have anyhting to worry about. My opinion would be that if anything was going on, he wouldn't be teasing you etc.
Little L Posts: 163
This is NUTS. He is openly flirting with someone else in front of you. I would go mental with my dh if he ever treated me so disrespectfully. I hate that women feel they have to be ok these days with thier partner saying someone else is gorgeous etc. Obviously we all read the menu but keep it to yourself for gods sake, too much honesty is not a good thing. Sorry if that makes no sense but that kind of thing makes me crazy >:o(
ott Posts: 3920
I would be very angry too. Both at her rudeness and his attitude that there isn't anything wrong with it. I really feel for you, I'd be livid. Sit him down and explain to him exactly how you feel and that her behaviour isn't appropriate. Also, if you have a problem with what he said to her about your folks you should let him know that too. Ask him to put a stop to the joking about her if you find it upsetting, you're more than entitled to I think.
Moneytree Posts: 30
Thanks ladies. I dont think there's anything going on, i just feel DH is getting his EGO massaged by this one at my expence.. Iam livid but dont know what to say. i ended up crying last night but not being able to put my finger on what i was annoyed about untill now. I dont know what to say to him as its obvisoult negative attention is what hes looking for from me, thrives on it, but its too annoying to continue and not say amnything. Plus being likended to a beached whale atm i cant very well make him jealous(not that thats a heatlhy solution)....
Little L Posts: 163
Here's what to say: Don't feel free to discuss with me who you think is gorgeous or not, I'm your wife, not one of the lads. Don't discuss my family or our private life with a relative stranger from now on. Don't think its ok to strike up a casual friendship with 20 year old girls, you have nothing in common with them and it's not acceptable (unless you work with them or something). Don't make me feel any more insecure than I already do considering i'm carrying your child. Now buy me a nice present to make up for it >:o)
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I would actually KILL him.....
ott Posts: 3920
[quote="Little L":1j12lxr1]Here's what to say: Don't feel free to discuss with me who you think is gorgeous or not, I'm your wife, not one of the lads. Don't discuss my family or our private life with a relative stranger from now on. Don't think its ok to strike up a casual friendship with 20 year old girls, you have nothing in common with them and it's not acceptable (unless you work with them or something). Don't make me feel any more insecure than I already do considering i'm carrying your child. Now buy me a nice present to make up for it >:o)[/quote:1j12lxr1] That's exactly it! Good luck - and make sure he understands.
Tinkerbride Posts: 392
[quote="Little L":113biey9]This is NUTS. He is openly flirting with someone else in front of you. I would go mental with my dh if he ever treated me so disrespectfully. I hate that women feel they have to be ok these days with thier partner saying someone else is gorgeous etc. Obviously we all read the menu but keep it to yourself for gods sake, too much honesty is not a good thing. Sorry if that makes no sense but that kind of thing makes me crazy >:o([/quote:113biey9] Everybody is different when it comes to this stuff. It honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest when DH comments on a girl, or vice versa. We do it all the time. But if he did something I wasn't comfortable with, id deck him. Especially if I was heavily pregnant! That girl needs a smack of reality aswell. I never EVER blame the "other woman" in any circumstance, but this one hasn't an ounce of respect. How dare she talk over you like that, and he definitely shouldn't have put you in that situation. I would have it out with him for sure.
happilymarried2010 Posts: 493
Yes it would grate on me moreover if i was feeling insecure about my looks at the time. i kinda dont like the part where he says [b:2j3pi06s]'oh marys on today she's gorgous and has a thing for me'[/b:2j3pi06s] I hope u can talk openly about it & get it cleared up as this is only going to nag at you for ages. if he does it again i suppose all you can do is say "you should see the fine thing working in the garage" >:o) petty sh#te like but you have to do someting just to let him know how it feels, if talking to him doesnt resolve it.