Would this offend you?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

The PDQ Posts: 954
If BIL said (after his girlfriend asked what we needed as a present for baby & mentioned a breast pump & I said no thanks as I am not breast feeding) "Well how else do you think you're going to get your tits to dry up?" Apart from being completely wrong information on his part about "how they dry up", would this comment offend you?
SusanB Posts: 33
cbtb Posts: 413
To be honest I'd be shocked but not offended he sounds like he hasn't a clue. I feel sorry for his girlfriend if they ever have kids. I think it would be easier to rise above it than make an issue of it.
workingmom Posts: 3429
I think that is totally inappropriate TBH, I would have told him to get a pump to get his mouth to shut up, ignorant so and so, I would be offended and I would definately have said it to him, if it were my BIL he'd have been eaten alive RAR!
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
His use of the word "tits" would have offended me. So yes I would have been offended by what he said. I would also have realised he was an ignorant so and so and would not have bothered to waste my energy on him. FP
The PDQ Posts: 954
[quote="cbtb":2i3kwam3]To be honest I'd be shocked but not offended he sounds like he hasn't a clue. I feel sorry for his girlfriend if they ever have kids. I think it would be easier to rise above it than make an issue of it.[/quote:2i3kwam3] There in lies the trouble, they have two already and he thinks he is an expert (and on everything else as well). He often says things that annoy / offend me, normally say nothing as my contact with them is minimal but this comment just really got my back up.
sinion Posts: 6050
He sounds like a particularly stupid and ignorant moron and nothing you can say will boost his intellect to that of the common housefly, so try to let it go. But do ask your husband to mention it and how inappropriate it was.
Delish Posts: 4176
I would avoid him like the plague, tell your hubby you can't stand to be arund such an offensive buffoon, and you wont accept him speaking to you like that. Then you just have to avoid him at family events. urgh, how does his wife listen to all that crap. :hic
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
[quote="Delish":2dcc8tmf]I would avoid him like the plague, tell your hubby you can't stand to be arund such an offensive buffoon, and you wont accept him speaking to you like that. Then you just have to avoid him at family events. urgh, how does his wife listen to all that crap. :hic[/quote:2dcc8tmf] Agree with Delish, wouldnt go anywhere near him if he can't shut up.. unless you manage to tell him direct in his face what you think of him, without being scared to hurt him... :o0
Martiespride Posts: 997
The ignortant little [email protected] I would be so annoyed and hurt if someone said that to me. the use of the T word is enough to set me off, i think its just so rude and the fact that that little sh!t said it to your face is even more ignorant. >:o(