Would you be insulted

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Twix Posts: 35
if you asked someone to be a bridesmaid and they said no??
Mrs Snove Posts: 1611
Honestly, unless they had a really good genuine reason, I'd be gutted
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
depends on why they said no I suppose
MammySpice Posts: 2501
Probably - might depend on the context? Can you be more specific?
OctMrsC Posts: 774
Yes. I asked FSIL and she said no. Disgusted I was. She has done an awful lot more since and roll on October 21st because that is the day where I will NEVER speak to her again. If someone has a genuine reason as to why they wont or cant do it then thats fair enough
Bubski Posts: 1785
Depends on the reason.
Sorry to say - that is the only person I would say could refuse without me being insulted. :-8 :o0 My fsil is going to be my bm and I am glad she accepted but if she was getting married I would hate her to feel obliged to choose me - I would almost refuse if I thought it was out of duty. Maybe she gets that vibe from you?
OctMrsC Posts: 774
We get on brilliantly(we did) and I genuinely wanted her all along to be my BM. Have been great friends with her since day one when I met her. When I asked her she took a week to "think" about it and then she came back and said no and she sprouted a load of cr*p about me and H2B and how we didnt know eack othr long enough(6yrs) too young to be married(25 & 30) and plenty of other stuff that she had never said before. Both me and H2B are shocked
Twix Posts: 35
A fairly close friend of mine asked me yesterday but knows I dont really want to be cos the last 2 times I was a bridesmaid everything was a total disaster and I just basically didn't enjoy it. Its nothing personal at all would just enjoy her day way more if i wasn't bridemaid thats all. Is it not better to be honest than to be one of those bridesmaids who just doesn;t want to be one??? All opinions welcome girls, ( I swear Im not a selfish person:()
[quote:oasxr1ur]When I asked her she took a week to "think" about it and then she came back and said no and she sprouted a load of cr*p about me and H2B and how we didnt know eack othr long enough(6yrs) too young to be married(25 & 30) and plenty of other stuff that she had never said before. Both me and H2B are shocked[/quote:oasxr1ur] :eek :eek :eek :eek Okay - that's a very different scene than the one playing in my head :-8 Sounds like she is plain [b:oasxr1ur]jealous[/b:oasxr1ur]. Wagon >:o(