would you be offended?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

meowwww Posts: 295
I invited my boss and his Mrs to our full wedding, they are getting married in a week and we havent got an invite or an invite to the afters which is in a hotel around the corner from us. I didnt think too much about it but I mentioned it to a friend yesterday and she was saying it was terrible and ignorant and the whole lot. I work in a seperate office in my own building and the boss and his 3 staff are about 30 mins away. They are looking for cash gifts so do we give them one or not?
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="meowwww":1c37le8x]I invited my boss and his Mrs to our full wedding, they are getting married in a week and we havent got an invite or an invite to the afters which is in a hotel around the corner from us. I didnt think too much about it but I mentioned it to a friend yesterday and she was saying it was terrible and ignorant and the whole lot. I work in a seperate office in my own building and the boss and his 3 staff are about 30 mins away. [b:1c37le8x] They are looking for cash gifts so do we give them one or not[/b:1c37le8x]?[/quote:1c37le8x] eh no!! unless the office is doing a collection put a minimal amount in that
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
[quote="meowwww":mq5b3cyx]I invited my boss and his Mrs to our full wedding, they are getting married in a week and we havent got an invite or an invite to the afters which is in a hotel around the corner from us. I didnt think too much about it but I mentioned it to a friend yesterday and she was saying it was terrible and ignorant and the whole lot. I work in a seperate office in my own building and the boss and his 3 staff are about 30 mins away. They are looking for cash gifts so do we give them one or not?[/quote:mq5b3cyx] Firstly, my attitude is a gift is a something a person choses for you to give you....requesting cash is soooooo rude IMO (its grand gettting your mum or someone to spread the word to close family that you dont really need anything so maybe give cash...but requesting cash gifts only is sh*tty). If you do give them something, I'd buy a present.....you know, something like a vase. Re not inviting you.....Are they having a big wedding? Have they invited anyone else from work?
I dont know to be honest, the girl that Im in contact with in that office is the bride!! So I cant ask her. They have made it clear they do not want any presants, after I got married he rang and asked 'did you do well out of it' :eek
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
[quote="meowwww":21t7vte8]I dont know to be honest, the girl that Im in contact with in that office is the bride!! So I cant ask her. [b:21t7vte8]They have made it clear they do not want any presants,[/b:21t7vte8] after I got married he rang and asked 'did you do well out of it' :eek[/quote:21t7vte8] F*ck them so!! That really does my head in O:|
sue27 Posts: 604
jeeez, that's a bit cheeky! :eek If they didn't invite you, I wouldn't get them anything, unless - as someone else said - there is a collection in the office.
Well there is no one in my office and Im not really in contact with the other office so feck them so
Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
Not to be mercenary, but what did they give you as a present for your wedding? Mind you, you invited them to the whole wedding so you stood them a nice meal. If you haven't been invited at all, I would get them absolutely nothing - you are not required to at all. I wouldn't expect a gift from someone I hadn't invited, would you?