would you be pee'd off if.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Xxcitedwife Posts: 835
........a wedding invite arrived from a friend from college which said "Xxcitedbride and guest" when you have been with your h2b for 7 years and have 2 children and the Bride should DEFINATELY know your h2b's name???? :eek (weve never met the groom- theyre dating about 2 yrs) Dunno if im being sensitive, or a bit "wedding-etiquette obsessed" but i was so pee'd off when invite arrived today and h2bs name wasnt on it-granted i dont chat to the bride that much and havnt seen her since college a couple of years ago, but texts+facebk keep us up to speed. shes on my guest list+ i guessed id be on hers. My best friend from college said im being picky because im in "wedding mode"(her words) but shes single so dont know if that changes things! H2b wasnt impresses by the way! just wondering :wv
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
I would if it was a family member who did this, or a very good friend who I'd see on a regular basis. But for an old college friend who who don't meet often, I wouldn't bat an eyelid. She probably has so much to organise you just got put on a list of old friends +1. Nothing personal I'd guess.
MrsTwit Posts: 842
That's a bit strange.... and has she met or does she know your H2B at all??
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
No harm meant by it so don't worry. I'm guilty of doing the exact same thing; sent DH's cousin an invite with +guest on it too even though she's with her partner years and has two kids, I just forgot that I knew his name. I didn't mean anything bad by it and they still came to the wedding!!
Newme2013 Posts: 704
If I knew someone had a long term partner and by long term I mean anything more than about a year, I would make it my business to find out the person's name. Would only write guest if knew the person was single or if in a very short term relationship.
god yeah she knows him-we met in 1st year and would have known him well. [quote="LadyGaGa2010":293jmxac]If I knew someone had a long term partner and by long term I mean anything more than about a year, I would make it my business to find out the person's name. Would only write guest if knew the person was single or if in a very short term relationship.[/quote:293jmxac] thats what i was thinking ladygaga! guess everyones different. ah well just wondering what people thought- just thought it was strange! Will be going to the wedding of course :thnk
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Yes Id be very peed off! Going out with h2b 7 years aswell and I think I would be shocked to get an invite with my name +1 or if he did - we have gone to alot of his work collegues weddings over the last few years and wouldnt know them that well but never have we got an invite with +1 on it. Im sure she could have found out easily enough!
Newme2013 Posts: 704
Yea only thing is they might have been super stressed when doing the invitations (I'm in the middle of writing mine and it is actually most stressful thing about the whole wedding) so it might have been a complete oversight so maybe give them the benefit of the doubt. Enjoy the wedding!!
Peety Posts: 1588
[quote="LadyGaGa2010":2v7l3j1n]If I knew someone had a long term partner and by long term I mean anything more than about a year, I would make it my business to find out the person's name. Would only write guest if knew the person was single or if in a very short term relationship.[/quote:2v7l3j1n] This is what we did for our invitations. The same thing happened to me last year before we were married. I got an invitation from my cousin (who we had spent some time on holidays with the previous year) and the invitation had Peety and guest....I was fuming! >:o( I just thought how ignorant and lazy! She knew well the name of my DH and hadn't bothered to put it in. Now some people suggested that this is the way it's done in Canada but I was still annoyed! Like LadyGaGa2010 said people should make it their business to find out the persons name....or in this case use the bloody name when they know well what it is!
[quote="Peety":2kj3hp9i][quote="LadyGaGa2010":2kj3hp9i]If I knew someone had a long term partner and by long term I mean anything more than about a year, I would make it my business to find out the person's name. Would only write guest if knew the person was single or if in a very short term relationship.[/quote:2kj3hp9i] This is what we did for our invitations. The same thing happened to me last year before we were married. I got an invitation from my cousin (who we had spent some time on holidays with the previous year) and the invitation had Peety and guest....I was fuming! >:o( I just thought how ignorant and lazy! She knew well the name of my DH and hadn't bothered to put it in. Now some people suggested that this is the way it's done in Canada but I was still annoyed! Like LadyGaGa2010 said people should make it their business to find out the persons name....or in this case use the bloody name when they know well what it is![/quote:2kj3hp9i] thanks peety-i was fuming to be honest........toned it down in the post coz i thouhg ti was overreacting- i would bend over backwards to find out the name if it was the other way around-although she definately knows his name, just like your cousin did- very odd!