Would you buy robbed stuff?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Delish Posts: 4176
I saw a designer handbag on an Irish site for sale, it's about 1/5 of the retail price and supposedly is authentic and brand new, I'm thinking it was probably robbed/or else a fake, but the piccies look good and it looks brand new. Just wondering would you buy stuff that you think may have been robbed?
The PDQ Posts: 954
God thats a tough one, it's hard to pass up a good bargain
twinklegirl Posts: 716
If I had an inkling that it was robbed I would not buy it. I think its unlucky and just a low thing to do in general.I am really superstitious about things and I just think you will not have any luck from it.So dont do it :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
SparklyC Posts: 1766
eh - dare I ask for the name of the site you saw these delightful handbags on !! :o0
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[quote="Mrs TA":3hgces5f]eh - dare I ask for the name of the site you saw these delightful handbags on !! :o0[/quote:3hgces5f] [color=indigo:3hgces5f]Eh yes would you mind pm me that site please & thank you x [/color:3hgces5f]
Delish Posts: 4176
:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0, There is a selection of handbags advertised on , i defo wont be getting one now as they'll be snapped up :o0 :o0 :o0 . I'm suspicious that they may have fallen off the back of a truck wheeling it's way to BT's :o0 :o0 . Oh it's all a big moral connundrum, my head hurts . I've also heard stories of champaign being sold in some seedy backrooms that may have fallen off the back of expensive boose laden trucks - intriguing (but ultimately bold and bad ?) :o0 :o0
pluto Posts: 3893
I dunno, I mean loads of people go to New York and come back with major designer handbags for 50 euro each bought in Chinatown and the likes - they're definitely robbed goods, and no one bats an eyelid. Every day flights are full of people going over to do the same thing. You're not the one robbing the stuff - you're innocently buying goods that you think are a great bargain :innocent:
newkid30 Posts: 2233
[quote="Madgie":c1tp2fmu]I dunno, I mean loads of people go to New York and come back with major designer handbags for 50 euro each bought in Chinatown and the likes -[/quote:c1tp2fmu] I thought these were mostly fakes, which although illegal is not as criminal as buying something stolen. Would you buy a stolen TV? Stolen car? I think it's a very black and white. issue I wouldn't even buy knock off DVDs, where do you think the money goes? To gangs and funding the drug trade. The very same people give out about cocaine etc, yet they are funding it.
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
I wouldn't have much of a problem buying fake stuff (although it usually looks fake, so I wouldn't usually buy it anyway), but I wouldn't buy stuff that I thought might be stolen in a million years. I'm a saint, I know... O:o)
graceface Posts: 3632
I'd have to say no. My conscience would definitely get the better of me. It depends on your priorities, I suppose - I guess you need to ask yourself which is more important, you getting a nice handbag cheaply, or you not supporting crime? It might sound extreme, but at the end of the day that's what buying stolen goods does. I wouldimagine that the black or underground market is where a lot or criminal gangs/ organisations get their money, and we consumers just lull ourselves into a false sense of security with a kind of loveable rogue "Del-boy" image of these people, when in reality they're rather nastier. It's up to you of course, but I wouldn't say the saving is worth it. And if you're not sure if it's stolen or not, I think it's better to be safe than sorry. *)