Would you change your ring ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

homersimpson007 Posts: 81
Hi Everyone Im prepared for those out there who are going to say im selfish but i cant help feeling like i feel. My partner picked out my ring as a surprise , i no he went to a lot of trouble looking at different rings and i do love the ring he got me its just it is very small . I have no intention of NOT keeping the ring , i would never get a new one but i do no someone who will change the stone on it for another one thats a little bigger. I do have a feeling my partner would be a little upset for changing it but its not a massive change and i no he would let me do it , i just cant find the nerve to ask him... would it be totally wrong of me to want to change it ? I have the ring 2 years and we're getting married in 5 weeks....
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Thats why men shouldnt buy engagement rings! Everyone has different tastes, what your partner might think you like and what you actually like can be very different. I really dont know what to suggest tho!
missust Posts: 370
i'd wait for the first anniversary and suggest it as the gift. with 5 weeks to go money is prob tight and it might seem a bit selfish. i picked my own ring and so love it but h2b has bought jewellery in the past i wasn't mad about ...but then it comes to remind me of him and i grow to like it...you may regret chnaging it and losing memory.??i dunno
tammie Posts: 169
Hi There .. my fiance picked my ring for me too and have to say i wouldn't change it for anything .. he put time and effort into picking it and coudl give me specific reason as to why he picked this particular ring for me.. just the amount of love and thought he put inot picking it is enough to make me love it .. but it does help that it is a gorgeous ring .. So i am really sorry to say to u but i do honestly think it would be highly insulting of you to change the ring after your finace putting so much effort into picking it at the end of the day you know your fiance best and only u can truly answer how he would react .. my advice would be not to chage it .. but to get the wedding ring you really want ..
tammie Posts: 169
Hi There .. my fiance picked my ring for me too and have to say i wouldn't change it for anything .. he put time and effort into picking it and coudl give me specific reason as to why he picked this particular ring for me.. just the amount of love and thought he put inot picking it is enough to make me love it .. but it does help that it is a gorgeous ring .. So i am really sorry to say to u but i do honestly think it would be highly insulting of you to change the ring after your finace putting so much effort into picking it at the end of the day you know your fiance best and only u can truly answer how he would react .. my advice would be not to chage it .. but to get the wedding ring you really want ..
Twirler Posts: 1644
Hiya, my fiance also picked out my ring and I wouldn't change it for the world. He put lots of thought into it and it means so much to me. Having said that, I do love the ring. Not sure what I'd do if he picked out one I didn't like.
homersimpson007 Posts: 81
I think its easier for those of you who are happy with your ring to advise me not to change it but if you put your feet in my shoes and have a ring to wear of the rest of your life that you didnt get to pick or have any say in ....
montagne Posts: 1849
Could you use that ring as your wedding band?
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
I've pm'd you. I think if you are unhappy with it then you should go ahead
suggles Posts: 186
I got a new engagement ring... When we got engaged H2B bought a ring i had pointed to in a window! It wasnt nice on.. as you homer it was just too small on my hand!! Anyway i fessed up one day and he said he wasnt mad on it eithear so we went and picked one together! It was like getting engaged all over again! I kept my other ring for sentimental sake and because my nanny seen it but unfortunatly wasnt around to see the second.... If you would like to change it tell H2B - in all honestly he probably wont care once your happy!