Would you feel the baby's head engaging??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
I was driving from work yesterday evening over to my MIL's to meet hubby and I got this really weird feeling in my lower abdomen. It was quite sore as well, and I actually winced in the car. Then when I got into MIL's and took off my coat she commented that my bump looked really low. Hubby agreed and said it definitely looked lower than it did that morning, so MIL reckoned the baby had dropped. Then for the next hour I was getting REALLY strong Braxton Hicks, they were sore actually, and hubby could tell when I was getting them, coz I was taking deep breaths. I was a bit freaked out coz I'd get one, and then 5 mins later I'd get another one, and it carried on like that for about an hour. :eek But then they went away again, and babs was kicking and squirming away as usual. It was really weird, and I was wondering if babs' head has engaged, but I wasn't sure if I'd feel that happening or not. Tbh, I was scared sh*tless when I was getting those pains every 5/6 mins, I really thought "this is it now, 9 weeks early" :eek
Midlands Mum Posts: 871
Madgie The only thing i can rem from last pregnancy was that i felt alot of pressure in my lower abdomen and the doctor told me that babys head was engaged at my next apt. The braxton hicks can be very strong at times and would make you think your in labour.. but believe me when it actually happens theres a big difference :) :) Hope your feeling better now. *)
Thanks Midlandsmum, Yeah, MIL was like "Mrs, you'll KNOW when you're in labour, don't worry!" Feeling much better today and babs is kicking like mad, so all is good thank god. I suppose we don't really know what's going on in there most days - sometimes it feels like a rumba! :o0
NewGirl Posts: 1143
I was exactly the same as you, was getting strong BH around 32 weeks & like you thought something was happening, this happened a few times from then until I did actually go into labour. It sounds like the head has engaged - I found it a little harder to get comfy - had to sit with my legs slightly spread :-8 , waddling more, more discomfort when I was walking etc. Oh its such an exciting time, I miss being pregnant :o0
[quote="NewGirl":2kh5xhyp]I was exactly the same as you, was getting strong BH around 32 weeks & like you thought something was happening, this happened a few times from then until I did actually go into labour. It sounds like the head has engaged - I found it a little harder to get comfy - [b:2kh5xhyp]had to sit with my legs slightly spread :-8 , waddling more[/b:2kh5xhyp], more discomfort when I was walking etc. Oh its such an exciting time, I miss being pregnant :o0[/quote:2kh5xhyp] Funny that you say that, coz I said to my mum on the phone yesterday "well I'm officially walking like a duck"! :o0 And sitting down at the kitchen table last night, I definitely felt I had to leave my legs a little more spread than usual - fierce unladylike altogether! :o0
missc Posts: 875
yep im the same, head isnt actually engaged O:| like i was convince of, but it is well down. I am waddling, cant cross my legs anymore, have sharp weird pains very low down especially wen driving and have been haveing a lot of painful brax hicks for last 5wks or so