would you have a problem

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
with going into general hospitals to visit someone while pregnant? my mom was taken into hospital yesterday and her and my dad are adamant that i don't go in to see her as there are "too many bugs around the hospitals at the moment". its nothing too serious we don't think but i feel like an awful daughter not going in and my aunts questioning me is making it worse
Vogue Posts: 426
I *think* I would go ahead Minkie. If it was winter I'd stay well clear but I think it would be ok. Just use the hand sanitizer every time you see one!
Marpat Posts: 1784
Minkie - hope your mam is ok. I would go into hospital. If there is a very highly contagious bug like winter vomitting bug, visiting would be restricted but as the other poster said just use the sanitizer for your hands going in and leaving.
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
i know exactly where you are coming from, my nana is in a nursing home and the winter vomiting bug and MRSA broke out there before xmas- my own mother could not understand why i would not visit??? And, the thing is my Dad caught MRSA 6 years ago and as a result is now an amputee and confined to a wheelchair. I could not get over that my mother couldnt understand my point of view, she thought i was being selfish, and after all we have been through with my Dad!! That said, there was good reason to stay away pre xmas I feel. As another poster said use the hand sanitizer when you visit your mum and if you are visiting a ward where there aren't any perceived risks then you should be ok. I agree with you it will be very difficult to stay away particulalry as it is your Mum. HTH
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
thanks for the replies. she's just going in for a ct scan now and if its clear they'll most likely let her home today. so fingers and toes crossed