Would you have done anything differently? Advice for B2B

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

coolcat Posts: 118
To those of you who have already had your wedding day what advice do you have for us B2B's? We've heard the; - take time out to spend with each other and reflect on the day, - don't fuss too much trying to get around to everyone, - don't drink too much :hic *Did you forget to do something you wish you'd made a priority? -One friend told me she wishes she did something special to include her mom more. *Did you do something you wish you didn't bother with? Would love to get some advice from those who have been through it. Cheers :thnk
Greece Posts: 1800
I wasted a lot of time, energy and money organising a party for the following day...I was absolutely exhausted, didn't enjoyit all, just wanted to sleep, and would have been much better off just chilling with my new husband and catching up with family. But still - how was I to know I would still be up chatting at 6:45 am the morning after the Wedding eh? Please yourselevs, nobody else! :o0
discoball Posts: 62
[quote="coolcat":1f286w0g]To those of you who have already had your wedding day what advice do you have for us B2B's? We've heard the; - take time out to spend with each other and reflect on the day, -[b:1f286w0g] don't fuss too much trying to get around to everyone, [/b:1f286w0g] - [/quote:1f286w0g] You see, I regret not getting around to everyone. I wish i'd done it between courses or something but I was occupied during dinner too. I'd advise you to go around the tables at dinner but I wouldn't worry about people other than that because they'll be enjoying themselves anyway but at least if you do that at dinner you'll have made an effort.
jitter Posts: 52
I would ask the photographer to take more photos of us with friends/family. I had a hundred photos of me & hubbie and bridesmaids and bestmen but very few of the other important people in my life. Looking back on my album the photos I have are beautiful but some very important people are missing.