would you invite......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
someone to your wedding just because they invited you to their wedding??? my friends brother got married invited h2b and i but we never went just gave a pressie.....do we still have to invite them???? also h2b has a neighbour who invited him to his wedding but not me (we were tgether 6 years at the time) do we invite him on his own or with his wife(part of me still has my back up about this and wanta in spite just ask him!!! >:o) ) what would ye do??? thanks :thnk
the winner Posts: 4148
I'd just invite both, I'm at the stage that I dont care who's invited... I would not invite the neighbour and not his wife I would invite both.
redroses Posts: 714
Thats awful about the neighbour, what an idiot, but I think you should be the bigger person, i'd be as p!ssed off over that as well to be honest. Its complete disrespect to your relationship. To be honest they are married and come as part of a package so i would think you shouldnt invite one with the other >:o) If your budget and numbers allow for you to invite them and you want to then invite them but i wont be inviting anyone that we dont really want there on the day for the sake of them inviting us. Do you know your friends brother that well?
superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
i used to be more friendly with him as he used date my sis!!! but havent spoken to him in AGES!!! never even got a thank you card for his wedding present!!!! :eek i suppose i feel if i get invited to someones wedding they expect the same back??? :-8
Water-girl Posts: 88
No way, don't feel pressurised into asking them just cos you went to theirs. I've been to distant cousin's weddings over the years and I'm not inviting any of them. Just because they wanted a huge wedding with 250+ people doesn't mean I have to - I only want people I know well around me on the day. We recently had a relation of my h2b try to invite herself along, when FMIL said we're only having close family the relation got huffy and said 'well he came to mine' - he was about 10 at the time!! :ooh So just have whoever you really want there on the day.
quartz Posts: 446
[quote="Water-girl":2ri5gkaf]No way, don't feel pressurised into asking them just cos you went to theirs. I've been to distant cousin's weddings over the years and I'm not inviting any of them. Just because they wanted a huge wedding with 250+ people doesn't mean I have to - I only want people I know well around me on the day. We recently had a relation of my h2b try to invite herself along, when FMIL said we're only having close family the relation got huffy and said 'well he came to mine' - he was about 10 at the time!! :ooh So just have whoever you really want there on the day.[/quote:2ri5gkaf] I agree with this 100%. Honestly if you have to think twice about asking someone to your wedding they aren't exactly important players in your lives. Don't be pressurized into inviting randomers.
allinwhite Posts: 24
i was also invited to a number of cousins weddings and i have only invited them all to the afters of our wedding, times have changed its far too expensive to invite the whole tribe
kaz1978 Posts: 45
I think it depends. If their wedding was years ago then it's up to you. If wedding is abroad then again it is up to you but if their wedding is close to the time of your wedding then you should probably invite them. Oh the politics of weddings!! I had to put the foot down with my mother as our wedding was becoming an OAP wedding at one stage!!! :o0
moobear Posts: 1126
It really is up to you who you invite to your wedding As for the neighbour, if you are asking him, you do kinda have to invite his wife also but I would feel the same & only want to give a invite for him not her >:o) I am using the 12 month rule - if I havent heard from them in the last 12 months or would be surprised to hear from them I am not asking them!! It is so easy have a big number & you have to draw the line somewhere There is always the evening invites for these people
trace29 Posts: 64
if it was me i'd only invite people i know well and care about and want there on the day . This is kind of like me. My h2b parents are naming all these people on their road and all of their first cousins that we dont even know and h2b is fine about it but i only want friends and family at such an important day in our lives. I know all of my fathers cousins and none of them are being invited cause my father wants to keep the costs down for us( well him too as he's paying for half the wedding) And it's driving him mad that h2bs parents are asking all these other people that he has to pay half for and none of his own cousins will be invited. It's really upsetting me and i can't say anything to h2bs parents as am intimedated (sp) by them and FMIL will go off on 1 and not talk to me for ages, this happened before the only time i spoke up to her.