Wow factor

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anitahenry Posts: 1
What is latest wow factor and weddings anyone has being to. What are people trying out that is different. i think the choclate fountain is gone and the dancers. Any suggestions anyone
mentalrebel Posts: 1603
i think marrying the man of your dreams is the wow factor....everything else is just an extra!!
windycity Posts: 2241
at my friend's wedding last weekend, the chocolate fountain came free with hotel.. we didnt think it would be really used or anything but everyone flocked to it!! it was at the drinks reception.... sooo popular, had to get another batch of stuff to dunk!! I think what makes a wedding is your friends all having a laugh and dancing etc... have been to loads of weddings and the more simple the better craic.
skittles Posts: 1312
[quote="mentalrebel":1grg4y86]i think marrying the man of your dreams is the wow factor....everything else is just an extra!![/quote:1grg4y86] exactly, people get carried away worrying about this famous 'wow' factor.who cares at the end of the day about the fad stuff. the best weddings i have ever been at were weddings that the bride and groom were completely relaxed and having a great night and dancing the night away.
marriedLife Posts: 1881
I was at a wedding recently where they had Tropical Storm (3 small men with guitars) at the drinks reception. Not so much a wow factor but really entertaining and the wedding guests where all singing along and there was a great buzz. So as you can guess I booked them the following Monday :o)ll
emlo Posts: 1506
[quote="qwerty1505":mu15nts8]I was at a wedding recently where they had Tropical Storm ([b:mu15nts8]3 small men with guitars[/b:mu15nts8]) at the drinks reception. Not so much a wow factor but really entertaining and the wedding guests where all singing along and there was a great buzz. So as you can guess I booked them the following Monday :o)ll[/quote:mu15nts8] Are they wee like Mini Me? That is a wow factor!
marriedLife Posts: 1881
No sorry I worded that badly - they are from the philippians or thailand I think - they are not really that small IYKWIM - there is a picture of them on their website [url:3ktoxhuw]http://www.classactpromotions.ie/TropicalStorm.htm[/url:3ktoxhuw]
frecklz Posts: 1839
A plain and simple wedding is always the nicest IMO. The wow factor would be the experience of the whole day. Two people who love each other so much getting married in front of everyone who loves them. :xox Or fire-eaters. :o0
woggie Posts: 830
[quote="skittles":hp2zmifw]the best weddings i have ever been at were weddings that the bride and groom were completely relaxed and having a great night and dancing the night away.[/quote:hp2zmifw] Agree completely - i've seen to weddings where they try to 'create' a wow with fountains/bag pipers etc and it just comes across as trying too hard. A relaxed bride and groom that are obviously enjoying the day makes everyone else relaxed and happy!
MrsMcD Posts: 428
Speaking of Chocolate fountains, I wouldnt go near them with a big stick, h2b's brother hires them out for weddings and i've witnessed all the vegetable oil that's added to them to make the chocolate flow GROSS !