Wow i'm pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

itsasecret2 Posts: 28
I'm Pregnant and delighted (just found on on Sunday night), but wow my head is spinning? where do I start? any great books or things I should do now, I'm talking folic acid ? We don't think we will tell anyone till we pass the three month mark.. but i'm just so happy... (I'm not sure it has hit me yet!) Can anyone tell me what way does it work in regards to doctors? i don't actually have a doctor as such. We are planing to call in to one next week, but will he/she refer us to someone else for scans ?
MaltaMammy Posts: 853
:o)ll :o)ll Congratulations!!! :o)ll :o)ll First off make an appointment with a doc to have it all confirmed, he/she will then refer you to the hospital and help you decide whether to go private/public etc. I have two books and they're both great, What to Expect when you're expecting and the other is Skinny Bitches Bun in the Oven which is a real blunt but fantastic book! Just keep taking your folic acid and maybe get a good vitamin suppliment like Pregnacare etc. Congratulations again, have a happy and healthy pregnancy! :wv
jill80 Posts: 565
Me too, found out last night!!! So chuffed but very confused re doctors and private v's public, and how to go about it all. Same as you, I dont want to tell people yet so cant really ask too many questions! I have Essential cover in Quinn but they told me there it would take two years for me to feel any benefits if I upgrade so that no good at the minute! Also have no gp as of yet as moved recently! So exciting though!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Thanks, MaltaMammy. i think i am just feeling a little over whelmed! The first thing i did was go out and get a salad, only to read later that caesar dressing is to be avoided (i have messed up already).. and then i found out that they have taken the baby channel off sky!!
lisa Posts: 1612
Congrats itasecret2, :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Such a great feeling isnt it. Looks like you'll be joining us july moms to be. I've bought 'what to expect when your expecting' and find it pretty good. Also I registered with www.eumom.com. Its great, they send you weekly updates of what stage the babies at, how you may be feeling etc. As for booking scans/consultants, Your gp will give you what you need to know on that. The sooner you see your gp the better. Dont worry if you dont feel pregnant, we all seem to be going thu phases of that. Congrats again!!
thank god jill80, i was starting to think i was the only one who missed the classes on what actually do when you get pregnant ... Ok breath.....
jill80 Posts: 565
[quote="itsasecret2":2e49qqnz]thank god jill80, i was starting to think i was the only one who missed the classes on what actually do when you get pregnant ... Ok breath.....[/quote:2e49qqnz] Ha ha that's what I was thinking ... ... was raging I didnt do Home Economics, remember they had some baby-stuff. I even ate peanuts the other day (was so sure Af was on way, never even thought)!!!!
hi lisa, thanks very much.. I will be buying the books.. i'm not seeping well at all.. been waking up at 5 and not being able to get back asleep.. (funny the baby is keeping me awake already!)
MaltaMammy Posts: 853
itsasecret I was the very same as you when I found out! and that weekend I had done everything wrong, I had taken nurofen for a headache which is a big no no, I had eaten blue cheese another no no, and had a bag of peanuts another no no :o0 :o0 :o0 So don't worry yourself too much, get yourself used to the idea of being pregnant first, then start eating healthy but don't go bananas! The doc will also help you with what you should and shouldn't be doing at this stage. Congratulations to you too Jill80! :o)ll :o)ll
under construction Posts: 3458
Congratulations, wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy :o)ll :o)ll