wp

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Caille Posts: 95
Hi, I realise that these forums don't get much traffic any more but if anyone does read this and has advice, I would really appreciate it.
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
Sounds like the people talking about it would likely talk about anything. Really none of their business! Try and put it out of your mind. You've sorted it out with the recipient, not much more to be done. Unless you want it out in the open? If so you could send a jokey email with a meme or something 'owning up' which might put it to rest and shit the gossips up.
whereland Posts: 472
If the person who got the gift isn't insulted and has forgotten about it id keep quiet. I guarantee you by Monday it will be forgotten about.
Hi ladies, I never expected replies so thank you so much.
whereland Posts: 472
You poor thing, I know it's easy for people to say it's no big deal and forget about it but it's obviously really upsetting you. Don't give it any more headspace this weekend, get out an do something nice
Thanks whereland, I know you are right.
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
You did the 100% right thing in correcting it with the recipient, so try & take some good out of that, you owned up, apologised & that should be the end of it. However, some work forces love nothing more than stirring the pot so if you are asked on Monday to your face say yes it was a mistake, I've spoken to Mary about it & it's over as far as we are concerned. In a few days it will be all forgotten about so try not to fret. X
Hi MrsSparkle2b, thanks a mill
Hi, I don't if anyone is reading, just an update.
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
Oh dear. What a shower of eejits you work with! Sounds awful. Just have to try and rise above it. Also reading through the lines and the worry you had over this it sounds like there is possibly some bullying or underlying issue? depending on the kind of co. you work with and how bad it is it may be worthwhile raising it with a Manager/HR etc. horrible to think you're dreading going to work.