Menu

WW'ers.... butternut squash!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

magoo2 Posts: 226
Its my new God :o0 I love it!!! I cut into chips, freeze them and just take them out when I want them, sprinkle olive oil onto them and then paprika - into the oven... done! They are fab and no points!!! :lvs :o)ll :lvs How did I miss these before?!?!?!
Helenl123 Posts: 1457
what does butternut squash taste like,never had it before?
Its strange, I thought I'd hate it but I love it... its kind of a cross between, a potato and .... a turnip maybe?! I've just made that sound SOOOO unappetizing :o0 I swear, it lovely though!!
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I have seen these in M&S and always wondering what to do with them :-8 Might give them a try.
ok, im gonna give it a go... think we're doing our shop tonight, will go buy some then.... so you chop it and freeze it then? do you put oil and pepper on it beforehand? I love new recipies, and you know, even when i'm at goal, i dont think i'll ever eat another pre-made oven chip again, think i'd always make them from fresh, so much nicer. Anyone know any good herb, or like something that you could put on home made oven chips to make them into wedges?
Dill is a really nice herb to put onto things You dont even need to freeze it, I just chop up the whole thing in one go so its easier to freeze as chips wrapped in tinfoil. Then I take out how much I want to use, cover in paprika (or salt and pepper or other spicy/non spicy - whatever is to your taste) and pop in the oven til soft. I'd only put oil on them if its being cooked from fresh to get the seasoning to stick, I dont really need to from frozen. The best thing is, that eating them with a ww meal or something like fish really bulks up your dinner for no extra points! :o)ll :o)ll
Kettles Hotel
fab,,,,, do they go crispy a bit like if you cooked potatoes in the oven?
They will if you leave them in for longer but you can just keep checking and you'll know when they are done enough for you. Enjoy!! *)
thanks magooo will enjoy tasting them and it being something different for dinner. Yummy. do u need to boil beforehand or just straight in oven? also... how long in oven before lets say soft and cooked (dont worry bout crisped). thansk.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
It's lovely in a soup too. Haven't tried it as chips but sound yummy