ww points please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Little Angel Posts: 913
Hi does anyone know the average ww points for an average portion of spag bol in a restaurant with no cheese?? Or an average portion at home with no cheese and ragu sauce? THank you O-O
anyone got any idea about this for ww points? I am putting in pound of mince (8) jar and a half of ragu sauce (5) mushroom onions little bit of oil in the pan (2) this will do about three dinners and i cook a hand ful of pasta with it, so would 8 pointe be enough to count for this??
goldie. Posts: 1233
Sounds about right if you eat 225g of cooked pasta.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi there, just a tip to save a few points. When i make bolognese i use a small tin of tomato puree, mixed herbs, garlic and water to make sauce for 0pts. I add this when mince is browned and veg has cooked throgh. Saves me an extra few pts i can hve on some goodies :o0 :o0
Thanks KIA 07, CAN YOU TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO DO TO MAKE THE SAUCE AS IM SO BAD AT THIS KIND OF THING! THANKS A MIL
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi there goody2shoes, Brown your mince in pan, drain off excess fat ( i dont cook mince in any oil as enough fat in it already, just put it straight into pan) When all excess fat drained add your onion, mushroom, pepper ect and leave cook for 2-3mins Then add mixed herbs, garlic salt. Then add small tin of tomato puree ( i use dunnes own tin tomato puree, i add all tin) Stir it through, add water next and leave to simmer away. Hope this helps O:o)
MrsYippee Posts: 804
Dolmio do a light spag bol sauce that tastes yummy and a lot less fat!
happilyeverafter Posts: 299
Just a bit of a tip i think might help - i boil the mince first as this gets rid of all fat, i brown it in wok after.