x

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
x
vidia Posts: 2960
Blarney Golf Resort in Cork has a great Golf Course and Spa/Pool also. They have lodges along with hotel rooms, so you'll get a great deal!! Hope this helps!
Littlebo Posts: 2598
I liked th Balrney Golf REsort and the rooms were good. Restaurant and Golf club very good. My OH loved the Golf course but the Spa is not a Spa! It is a room and the swimming pool also is not what I was expecting. This was my big let down and the massage I got was not good in a dingly room opposite the pool and no relaxation area...Nothing! Go there for the Golf but definitely NOT for the Spa. How about Inchadoney? I was there 3 weeks ago and I really loved it! LOVED IT! The spa, the restaurant, even the Bar and it's Bar food! Rooms are gorgeous and Oh my god the surroundings and scenery...unbelievable! This really is a place you must go to....I also enjoyed Seafield recently and nearly as good as Inchadonney.
Thanks girls, def looking into clon, it looks fab. Any other suggestions?
Me again...I love Hotels so want to give advice and also bump this up so we can all get some good recommendations. Well I love Lyrath ( got married there) and the Spa and Hotel is magnificent and my other favourite is Carton House. Trying to think where I've been....Seafield are doing some amazing deals at the moment....one of them is €25 pps B&B...for their 4th anniversary...going to book it! Dunboyne castle ( not a castle) was lovely too and again does some great deals. MY OH just reminded me of Fota Island in Cork and I really really liked the Raddison in cork....very nice! Oh yeah the Maryborough was also good...some I may go back to but I like to try new places so girls any other suggestions? I heard the Ice House in Sligo is lovely and want to try somewhere in Kerry soon. Went for lunch in the Cliff house last September and WOW but to stay there very expensive but I would like to try it someday!
Littlebo you are so good xx Would love to go to ardmore but have to win the lotto first :-) i'll keep you posted on where we decide xxx
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
What about Waterford castle island.
No bother I love this thread! Please let me know where you go and what it was like. Ilovetoast...good suggestion...never been there...must put that on me aul list. My poor Oh ...anytime I see anything on deals.ie etc I am constantly wrecking his head!
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
What about Fota Island? The spa there is lovely, the rooms are meant to be fab and it also has a golf club. Its also not too far from Cork so it'd be nice to pop in for some shopping or a nice meal on one of the nights.
fotaisland Posts: 31
Hi lovethesite! All of the hotels mentioned on this site are indeed lovely! I really hope you find a place that has everything you are looking for! If you would like to check out Fota Island Resort you can visit our website at The Resort incorporates a renowned championship Golf Course, including a Golf Academy and Proshop. Our luxurious Spa includes facilities such as a full fitness suite, indoor heated swimming pool, hydrotherapy suite and Ireland's only walking river. We also have a variety of gourmet pleasures for you to choose from including the Fota Restaurant and the Amber Lounge. The peaceful setting in which Fota Island Resort is located will also help you to relax and unwind. We currently have a number of special offers available, details of which can be found on our website. If you have any questions or would like to make a booking please do not hesitate to contact us on 021 488 3700 Regards Liana :)