xx

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
x
soimarriedanaxemurderer Posts: 932
Oh Jeez.... That sound sooooo annoying.. It would be so hard not to say something. Some people have no social graces. It doesn't take much cop on to think 'hmmm this is my FDIL and it is their wedding I will let them decide and be polite and helpful and not overbearing' But some people seem to be unable to do that. i used to go out with a guy and his Mum would be just like that. It means that YOU have to try to be patient and hold your tounge and that's no fun. O:|
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Oh I would've gone [i:6j0pm637]mental[/i:6j0pm637]!! Pleeeeeease stick to your guns now and leave her out of any other decisions. If she can't play nice when you are involving her I'd tell her absolutely nothing else until you've come to a firm decision with H2B and there is no going back. Don't say "We're thinking of having this" or "What do you think of that" - be very straightforward "We've ordered this, we're having that" etc. If she doesn't like your choices suggest she renews her own vows so she can do it all her way!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
My god. I was so lucky with the in laws they never said a word. Your dead right you have involved her enough now.... dont tell her any thing else!!!
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
xx
Jawl Posts: 8881
I didn't plan to be cloak and dagger either. Well I wasn't going to broadcast to the world, but H2B's parents are deceased and his older sister lives abroad. He's close to her and wanted her kept involved. Now he didn't want me running things by her, but so far we've told her the date, the venue and the band, and the vitriol from her!!! :eek Then she asked the price, and I replied saying 'sorry that's not a question I'd ask' and somehow I am the one who is the worst in the world. It's very frustrating isn't it? From here on in, nobody hears anything!!! Oh apart from my own mother whose opinion I value, but her and my dad keep saying 'Make yer own decisions, it's yer wedding' in the nicest possible way. Actually I dunno how you didn't shove cake in her face! :yelrotflmaosmilie: