XX

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DERRY14 Posts: 80
XX
yippeeme Posts: 2139
I didn't get married there myself but have been to two weddings there. Both were in the bigger ballroom in the main hotel, not in the smaller intimate part of the old house. Both times i've attended weddings in Kilashee there have been two weddings on but you wouldn't notice at all, they were totally seperate and only for seeing the other wedding car i wouldn't have known. The food is lovely, room is lovely, bedrooms are grand i've seen nicer, haven't seen bridal suite mind you. Grounds are lovely for photos too. I've always enjoyed weddings there.
daisy chains Posts: 235
I went to a wedding there last jan and really liked it, the room we had the drinks reception in was gorge, ornate ceilings and beautiful decor. Same with the room for breakfast next morn. Food was also really nice also. Rooms were nice also only drawback is rooms and lifts are a bit confusing depending on which side of hotel you are on but wouldn't let that ruin the hotel at all. I was in the bridal suite and it's fab, really big with a gorge bed and free standing bath in centre of bathroom. Service was also very good Really enjoyed the wedding there
sugarkk Posts: 1384
I got married there a year ago - we had the most amazing day. We had a rehearsal dinner the night before in the Old House for 50 of our guests and then had our ceremony in the Belling Suite the next afternoon, and the reception in the large ballroom. We really did have the most wonderful time and so much of it was due to the kindness of the staff - to say that they couldn't do enough for us is such an understatement. From when I arrived at lunchtime the day before the wedding they were just wonderful. My family from America and just adored the place (the kids called in Hogwarts :o0 ) and they all had the most wonderful time. Because we were having our ceremony there, we really had to be in love with our venue and we were and still are (heading back there soon for a mini-break). It just looked so beautiful and the photos are amazing. The food was wonderful and at about 3 in the morning in the residents bar (which was the upstairs piano bar) they brought us trays of finger food and sandwiches, on the house. In the run up to the wedding, there was nothing they wouldn't do for us. I had a minor panic attack one night about something and actually rang the hotel at half eleven at night (a bit of a bridezilla moment). The receptionist was brilliant and went off to find the duty manager to ring me back to settle my nerves (it was a totally minor thing anyway). Anyhoo, I wouldn't hesiate to recommend it. From the moment we got there we were just so smitten with it and the fact that the staff were just so kind to us all from beginning to end made it such a great experience. Most of our guests stayed the night and they all still rave about what a great time they had there. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions you might have.
DERRY14 Posts: 80
XX