yeast infection

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Spice Bride Posts: 558
Think that I have a yeast infection. What can I take if I'm TTC given that I've just ovulated so there's always a chance that I'm pregnant.
miss sixty Posts: 467
Hi Spice, Dont take the tablet anyways as its not for use during pregnancy. Get yourself to a chemist and get the Canasten pessaries, the duo pack will also have the cream. I find them excellent for clearing thrush. Hope that helps xx
bellabella Posts: 2750
Spice bride not to worry we will fix you right. ok step 1) Eat natural yoghurt everyday. 2) Also drink one actimil a day. 3) Have a bath atleast one a day.Do not wash your hair or your body all you have to do is sit in a lukewarm bath with 3 table spoons of salt for at least 10 minutes. (have a shower for washing your hair etc) 5) Add natural yoghurt to a tampon and leave it in for about an hour. 6) no tight clothing or g-strings. This should clear it up in no time. IF you dont get better come back and we will check you again ;)
Spice Bride Posts: 558
Thanks Doc. Read in TCOYF that you shouldn't do the yogurt on tampon trick as you are putting bacteria there which could be harmful. And don't have a bath. Will have to sit in the kitchen sink....
bellabella Posts: 2750
Hi spice bride, did you know a yeast infection can be a sign of pregnancy. Dont fill the bath just enough to dilute the salt. also just eat live yoghurt it will help. get well soon