Yesterday's headlines.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hepburn Posts: 4081
Well it was hardly a shock to hear that the maternity wards are as stretched as any others in the country but to hear that they are actually worse than others is very disappointing. I know we will all get proper care and attention if something goes amiss but that's about it. The labour wards are always well staffed, it's after you have the baby that you really notice a dip in the level of care. I also think I will be bringing my Milton Spray, shower spray and some flip flops this time round!
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
[quote="Nantes":1verdwsq]I also think I will be bringing my Milton Spray, shower spray and some flip flops this time round![/quote:1verdwsq] This is one of the reasons why I am strongly considering a home birth when my time comes.
Baby cakes Posts: 1237
My sisterinlaw is having her baby in Hollis st (second) due 28th of this month, she lives in Ringsend and was asked would she consider having the baby at home :eek :eek , as they are so busy in there. She nearly hada heart attack, her mum real dublin woman said sure you will be grand, " I had all ye at home". There is no chance though, she said she will go home after 6 hrs if everythign is ok, but there is no way that she was haing baby at home. :eek
mumof2 Posts: 3864
On the flip side of this in Cork, I went to see my buddy who had her tontilis out on Monday and she was put in the maternity ward??? When I went to her she was on the 2nd floor and all the beds were full with women 'not having babies'. I thought they had moved already to CUH but appartently not - what was going on there - anyone know??
Hepburn Posts: 4081
:eek :eek :eek That is unbelievable....... Ireland: The richest country in Europe!!
charli Posts: 5994
isnt the new hospital in Cork delayed because of rows over staffing - heard them talking on Matt Cooper about this the other evening i agree the maternity hospitals are so stretched - make anyone want to go private just to have a chance of having private/semi private room. and the admissions/out patients clinics are the same!! health service is heading for trouble this summer - lots of industrial action planned!
corkrebel Posts: 744
RE : CUMH.... the HSE are ademant that the new mat hospital will be open on March 24th but the midwives are saying that there is not enough midwives hired and for health and safety reasons, they will not be going to the CUMH in March ... I feel for any Cork mums due around this time because you cannot say with certainty where your baby will be born ...I just hope that they have this sorted by the time my time comes in May ... I am not bothered where i have the baby but would just like to know for peace of mind.... O:o)