Yoga balls - different sizes?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess Wifey Posts: 534
Ok - was all set to get one of these as 35 weeks pregnant now and want to use one outside of the weekly yoga class! That was until I went into the shop and saw that they came in all different sizes. Anybody know if there's one size that's better than the other? The ones that I saw were 65 cm in Champion Sports and were only €15! Is that too good to be true? Noticed on the back of the box that they come in bigger sizes too. Help!! :o0
slinkyminx Posts: 650
It depends on your height, as far as I know. I'm 5' 6" & mine is the 65cm ball. Just be careful buying a regular yoga ball as opposed to a proper birthing ball, as the birthing balls are "anti-burst" so that if they get a puncture, they won't just burst suddenly & damage you &/or the baby, it will just slowly deflate instead.
Toblerone Posts: 2698
That one should do you fine. I've had the same blue argos one for years without any issues. Physio recommended antiburst one too but they seem to be about 25e. When inflating give it some time - inflate three quarters and leave for a bit and then inflate the rest of it and enjoy the bouncing!!
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
i went for the 75cm one - got it in argos. prefer the bigger one but can't see how it makes a difference!
milis Posts: 7998
I got the 75 cm one too, but I'm 5'10. The difference is that you need to have your hips above your knees or you may do yourself damage. Birthease give the sizes as: Select the correct size for your height: 65cm: Up to 5'8 (Up to 173cm) 75cm: 5'8 and over (173cm & over)
Princess Wifey Posts: 534
Thanks ladies - much clearer now! :thnk
honeybunch Posts: 1218
I got that one in Champion for 15euros, I'm very happy with it. Milis gave great advise on the size v height, makes sense to me.