'You'll just know'

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mallory Posts: 92
Ok, newly enough pregnant on my first, and the general rule of thumb in relation to any kind of activity seems to be to do what you can and that 'your body will let you know what your limits are'. But exactly how does your body let you know that you've done enough? It may seem like a stupid question, but how will you just know? What are the signs? I've been doing a lot today, and I'm just curious as to how you tell if you're overdoing it!
Emme Posts: 4735
Yeah it's a kinda weird one but 'you'll just know' sums it up! Basically it just won't feel comfortable, you'll feel tired/sore/breathless/want to stop and a lot of the time will just need to sit down or slow down and won't have a choice in the matter. In my own experience lifting things can be the hardest to guage because you're in the middle of lifting something and next thing the muscle is pulled or you've twisted yourself awkwardly and the 'damage' so to speak is done so take care on that front. But pregnancy isn't a disability so don't worry too much about it!
Bellabobs Posts: 250
Sorry to say it but you will just know!!! For me i can noramlly walk really fast-now i cant-ill get breathless,feel tired and get an almighty 'stitch' under my bump, mostly on the right side. After 1hr shopping im ready for home which isnt me at all!!
boodlesdoodles Posts: 900
[quote="Bellabobs":vszfx0ia]Sorry to say it but you will just know!!! For me i can noramlly walk really fast-now i cant-ill get breathless,feel tired and get an almighty 'stitch' under my bump, mostly on the right side. After 1hr shopping im ready for home which isnt me at all!![/quote:vszfx0ia] This is me too! I normally speed walk around the shops, and now im going at a snails pace and i HATE it! O:| I feel like i almost have to carry my bump in my hands, its dragging me down so much. Even walking up stairs is a task now, so yes, your body will tell you when it cant do what it used to do.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
When you know, you'll understand!!! Likewise I used to be well able to power walk, but now I'm useless I feel like I am walking backwards! Even today was crossing the road and even running a couple of steps wears me out! Pathetic!