your daily menu

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
can you post ur daily menus? i need to get back to healthy eating and id love some inspiration, just too easy to stick pizza in the oven so i need some healthy ideas! :o)ll
Rachel Berry Posts: 359
Hi mrsp:) my days eating goes something like this: Breakfast: bowl of wheatabix, glass of tropicana and one slice of wholemeal brown bread Lunch: Bowl of chopped berries, 2/3 mandarins and apples, sandwich of some kind. usually ham and coleslaw. Dinner: chicken fajitas/thai curry/chops and spuds/homemade pizza also I've a massive sweet tooth, so invariably I've a bar of chocolate every day. Hope that helps :) [url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/:2i366rxh][img:2i366rxh]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev275pr___.png[/img:2i366rxh][/url:2i366rxh]
mumodone Posts: 396
Hi MrsP2010, my daily menu consists of following: Breakfast: Bowl of all bran and glass of OJ Lunch:Salad roll or ham salad roll, or bowl of soup. Dinner: Meat 3 veg/lasange/fish/Stir fries. I more prone to salty food so crisps are my down fall.
Trafford Posts: 463
Porridge every morning with sprinkle of nuts and seeds, blueberries and lately strawberries, since they are in season. Pot of yoghurt. Half a small glass of orange juice with my iron supplement. Small black coffee when I get to work. Apple and/or clemintine for mid-morning snack. Litre of water by lunchtime. Homemade ham or chicken sambo on brown for lunch, or else left over home-made bolognese or chicken curry from previous night. A few cherry tomatoes which I bring for snacks but often have with lunch. Yoghurt for afternoon snack. Litre of water by dinner-time. Veg stir-fry/mackeral and couscous with veggies/roast chicken/chicken curry/pasta with bolognese or pulses/veggie omelette/scrambled egg (if feeling lazy) for dinner (all home-made). Nettle or Fennel tea. I don't have a sweet tooth but if I reach for something sweet it's usually a square or two of dark chocolate or else homemade scone or rock bun if I've been baking.
Hi Traford, have you being taking the nettle tea and fennel tea throughout your pregnancy as I was wondering which herbal tea i could take myself.
[quote="ttcwithpatience":3l1pr76q]Hi Traford, have you being taking the nettle tea and fennel tea throughout your pregnancy as I was wondering which herbal tea i could take myself.[/quote:3l1pr76q] Hi, Yes, I drink them regularly anyway and kept it up throughout pregnancy. I couldn't find anything to say it was not advisable so I kept it up. I did find information saying that peppermint is best avoided as it can stimulate contractions, but I'm sure it would probably require large quantities to do that.
Thanks Traford, must buy some so, I dont drink tea or coffee and miss having a hot drink.
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
I really need to cop myself on.. I have cereal at 7am when hubby goes to work, might not eat again til 2 or so and not sure what I have every day, maybe a sandwich or I might cook a chicken fillet and some onion rings, dinner at 8pm when hubby comes home but I only pick at mine, might have some chocolate during the day as a snack.. But baby is doing ok weighing in at 2 pounds 1 Oz at 25+5 yesterday so he's a little pudding
[quote="SandyClaws":1en2qyua]I really need to cop myself on.. I have cereal at 7am when hubby goes to work, might not eat again til 2 or so and not sure what I have every day, maybe a sandwich or I might cook a chicken fillet and some onion rings, dinner at 8pm when hubby comes home but I only pick at mine, might have some chocolate during the day as a snack.. But baby is doing ok weighing in at 2 pounds 1 Oz at 25+5 yesterday so he's a little pudding[/quote:1en2qyua] The baby will probably do ok as all the nourishment will go in their direction. You need to keep your healthy calories and blood-sugar up though. Look after yourself!
lilygrace Posts: 195
[quote="Trafford":27dgvibg]I don't have a sweet tooth but if I reach for something sweet [b:27dgvibg]it's usually a square or two of dark chocolate [/b:27dgvibg]or else homemade scone or rock bun if I've been baking.[/quote:27dgvibg] How healthy are you?!!! :eek Even when you want something sweet, you reach for the "healthy" chocolate! :o0