Your Wedding Pictures in a magazine

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rudd Posts: 4
Hi Ladies Just wondering does anyone know how you can get Wedding Pictures into one of the Wedding magazines? My sister is getting married and I would love to do this for her as part of her gift..She would be so thrilled! :)
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
A girl I worked with got her wedding into VIP magazine (she isn't a celeb or anything!), her photographer asked her would they mind if he submitted the pics to the magazine, so perhaps ask your sister's photographer about it? Or email a magazine directly? The wedding mags need lots of real life weddings between them all, so I'm sure they would get back to you.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I'm pretty sure photographers pay to have their work featured in the wedding magazines, its a form of advertising.
mrsm13 Posts: 65
Our wedding venue asked us if we would be interested in doing a 'real wedding' story for one of the wedding mags. We're so glad we did because it is a lovely keepsake. I'm sure if you email some of the editors of bridal mags they would be happy to help? Best of luck, it's a lovely thing to do for your sister(,")
Hbombadero Posts: 1960
I would just be careful to make sure your sister and her husband would like this. It would hate it and I'd be annoyed if a photo was published without my knowledge. If you are sure then contact the magazines, they might require consent from bride and groom though.
LittleLily Posts: 3682
[quote="Hbombadero":2td16i9p]If you are sure then contact the magazines, they might require consent from bride and groom though.[/quote:2td16i9p] And more than that, the magazine will need the bride and groom to tell them about the ins and outs of the wedding so I don't think it would be possible to surprise them with it.