Menu

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Insect

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
:eek I hate insects. Just found a very big beetle in the hall. I didn't want to squish it because I was afraid its guts/eggs would go everywhere. It's currently trapped under a glass. Might it be a cockroach? Is there any more do you think? I won't be able sleep tonight thinking about it.
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
Is it black? if its black its prob a beetle... i doubt its a cockroach..
It is black - and it's much bigger than any beetle I've seen before. I'm itchy thinking about it!
O jesus.... does it have tentacles?? actually beetles have them too... ok turn the hoover on.. lift the glass and such that bad boy up!
It has now been resettled outside. I hope there aren't anymore inside. Where the hell did it come from?!
O good... i duno... the weathers changing so it could be that... hopefully its a sign of that heatwave expected..
Kettles Hotel
Lucky Mrs Posts: 1167
I have them too, they are massive feckers thought h2b was exaggerating when he told me the size of them until I seen them myself We have killed 4 in total so far, one crawled out from under the couch for 3 nights in a row plus the one h2b killed We have pulled all the furniture out to see if there was a load of them but there isn't, the windows do be open during the day so maybe they come in then???
streaks Posts: 3592
Haven't seen one of thosenbad boys since I was a child, they used to frighten the crap out of me! Used always see them in my aunts house and I'm afraid where there is one there are usually more..well there were in that case anyway! Maybe just keep an eye out for more and if there are look into it. Could be a once off though..
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Oh God I'm itchy just thinking about it. One landed on DH's head in bed on honeymoon!
Elle Driver Posts: 508
Does it look anything like this? It's called a maybeetle (or 'cockchafer' :o0 ) about four times as big as a regular bettle I reckon and either black or brown. I never saw them before until a few weeks ago, I got the fright of my life - thought they were cockroaches. We only moved to this house a few months ago and it's beside a wood and we've lots of lovely creepie crawlies and furry things scampering around :hic