zero patience?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fantac Posts: 4109
anyone find they just have no tolerance at all? i find myself outirghtly telling my boss that i think what he's doing is not very clever and i'm being way too blunt with friends - one asked did i think she looked porky and i just said "yeh, you look like you've put on a bit" - i just seem to have lost the ability to play the social game.......... :o( am i a freak or anyone with me on this??
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi SnuggleMuffin I understand! I went through one really bad week a while ago when I completely lost the ability to bite my tongue. I wouldn't be the most patient person anyway but I was snapping at everyone and telling everyone exactly what I thought! Thankfully that only lasted about a week but I still get the odd day when I'm pretty scary to be around. Don't worry most people understand the hormone thing, just as long as they never actually say it to you!
Idina Posts: 1289
Yeah! And I love it!!!!! >:o)
[quote="Dovedro":3mv2uzuz]Hi SnuggleMuffin I understand! I went through one really bad week a while ago when I completely lost the ability to bite my tongue. I wouldn't be the most patient person anyway but I was snapping at everyone and telling everyone exactly what I thought! Thankfully that only lasted about a week but I still get the odd day when I'm pretty scary to be around. Don't worry most people understand the hormone thing, just as long as they never actually say it to you![/quote:3mv2uzuz] thislte - have you had any proper barney's with anyone? dovedro - its exactly like you say - just can't bite my tongue, i outwardly told a mate the other day that i was sick of making all the effort in our friendship and i had too much going on in my life to listen to her latest tirade about what OH ahd done/not done..... i'm usually quite good an inwardly seething and outwardly smiling, but now i just cant do it. part of me thinks, yeh, about tim i stuck up to her, but the other half is mortified. fell asleep in a meeting yesterday, graveyard shift, boss woke me and in stead of being embarrassed, i came out with "lasagne an dchips - double carbs, no wonder i fell asleep - presentation not exactly fascinating" - my own head was yelling "SHUT UP - STOP TALKING" to myself......
dovedro Posts: 1295
[quote="SnuggleMuffin" dovedro - its exactly like you say - just can't bite my tongue, i outwardly told a mate the other day that i was sick of making all the effort in our friendship and i had too much going on in my life to listen to her latest tirade about what OH ahd done/not done..... i'm usually quite good an inwardly seething and outwardly smiling, but now i just cant do it. part of me thinks, yeh, about tim i stuck up to her, but the other half is mortified. fell asleep in a meeting yesterday, graveyard shift, boss woke me and in stead of being embarrassed, i came out with "lasagne an dchips - double carbs, no wonder i fell asleep - presentation not exactly fascinating" - my own head was yelling "SHUT UP - STOP TALKING" to myself......[/quote] :o0 I can't believe you fell asleep in the meeting and woke up and said that! Pregnancy really messes with the social skills! I told all of my friends in advance of meeting up with them during my "evil" phase that I couldn't control what I said so I was sorry in advance for anything i said to them. I think they all understood. Poor DH got the rough end of the stick though, I didn't let up giving out stink to him about nothing from morning till night, he was so scared of me :o0 It will pass though so don't worry too much about it though cause to be honest there's no way to control it in my experience, your hormones make you blab exactly what your thinking and it's dangerous!
yes must warn folk - might get me out of the worst of trouble. but its deffo seriously dangerous - none of the books warn u bout it either!!
Idina Posts: 1289
No, to be honest I haven't but all my friends have gotten used to my "honesty" :o0
2006wedding Posts: 965
oh yeah i have seemed to lost my patience completely! i have turned into a mad woman- settled down a bit now but the end of first trimester god i was unbelieveable i am so ashamed of some of my outbursts!!! I am not one to speak out or let anyone know when they are annoying me but god this last while can i show everyone exactly how i am feeling!!! :ooh :-8 [quote="SnuggleMuffin":d7y0k827]yes must warn folk - might get me out of the worst of trouble. but its deffo seriously dangerous - none of the books warn u bout it either!![/quote:d7y0k827] too right snugglemuffin most pregnancy books refer to being more irritable than usual or whatever, like hello! its much worse than that!!
[quote="2006wedding":1e0qth4q]oh yeah i have seemed to lost my patience completely! i have turned into a mad woman- settled down a bit now but the end of first trimester god i was unbelieveable i am so ashamed of some of my outbursts!!! I am not one to speak out or let anyone know when they are annoying me but god this last while can i show everyone exactly how i am feeling!!! :ooh :-8 [quote="SnuggleMuffin":1e0qth4q]yes must warn folk - might get me out of the worst of trouble. but its deffo seriously dangerous - none of the books warn u bout it either!![/quote:1e0qth4q] too right snugglemuffin most pregnancy books refer to being more irritable than usual or whatever, like hello! its much worse than that!![/quote:1e0qth4q] i'm making a concerted effort to zip my mouth - have offended a mate that i really care about - was amazed that she had never picked up on my real opinion before - she was truly shocked - erk, feel awful. OH and family are used to me, they say i'm just a hyped up version of usual. but yep, zero self control. the other weird thing is that i can no longer chose a present - my rep has alway sbeen for fab and quirky presents (not expensive, just alwayss that bit different and make folk laugh), nowadays they are getting random rubbish like clothes pegs........ :-8
2006wedding Posts: 965
clothes pegs!!! :o0 ah sure at least they are useful.... :o0 >:o)