Zika free honeymoon August 2017

Go to The Honeymoon

MrsKH
New Wolly

Zika free honeymoon August 2017

Postby MrsKH » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:20 pm

Hi everyone, we are getting married the end of July and hoping to go on honeymoon in August but we're really struggling to find somewhere that's not affected by Zika. We wanted an all inclusive resort somewhere hot that's not in Europe as we have seen most of Europe. I've looked at Bali,Cancun,Caribbean cruise,Hawaii,Tahiti,St.Lucia. Maldives are out due to budget. Anyone have any other suggestions that I may be overlooking?

BuzzyBee92
New Wolly

Re: Zika free honeymoon August 2017

Postby BuzzyBee92 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:47 am

I don't know what your budget is so not sure what to advise...um have you had a look at GoHop.ie? They have some great packages...I also got a few brochures at the wedding fair I was at in September I could dig them out...think there was a reasonably priced Bahamas package (is there Zika there?) swimming with pigs etc..Let me know if you want any of that info. Would have gone for that if i hadn't already booked ours, Italy Lake Como in April....

MrsKH
New Wolly

Postby MrsKH » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:34 pm

Thank you for your reply buzzybee92. Unfortunately zika is in the Bahamas also and people have been advised not to travel there. I have travelled all over Italy you will love Lake Como it is beautiful and the food is amazing. Enjoy your honeymoon ☺

dcbride
New Wolly

Postby dcbride » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:33 pm

We are having the same problem finding somewhere without the Zika virus. I was surprised how many countries had it. We are getting married in Sept 2017. I was ring travel insurance to see if they cover if country is free from Zika now but it goes there. A lot of the places we where thinking had it.

luckystars16
New Wolly

Postby luckystars16 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:35 am

Hi,

We are doing a cruise around the Indian Gulf for a week with MSC cruises (all inclusive) stopping at Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Kusan and a few other spots.
I spent months looking for Zika free options! The Zika risk is low in UAE so that made the decision for us!
Hope this helps!

Mia Taylor
New Wolly

Postby Mia Taylor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:32 am

Spain maybe? Portugal? We've been to Barcelona on our honeymoon, and it was magical <3 It was either that of Lisbon.

Inline - Algarve WP
WhatToChoose
New Wolly

Postby WhatToChoose » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 am

Hi MrsKH
I spoke to trail finders. We too are having the same issue. We are considering South Africa and then Mauritius. Another option is New Zealand or Australia or North America.

Go to The Honeymoon

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T