Asia honeymoon, please help??

Go to The Honeymoon

Louchris
New Wolly

Asia honeymoon, please help??

Postby Louchris » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:08 am

Hello ladies, hoping some of you can help us.. We are getting married end of July this year and planning to go on our honeymoon around 22nd August 2016…

Really need some advice..

Thinking of, but not all… Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Thailand- Bangkok, Phuket, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malysia, Bali, Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius.

We are thinking of taking around a month, would like to get to see as much places as we could but also having time to relax …

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance ☺️

GoHop Longhaul Expert
WOL Network

Re: Asia honeymoon, please help??

Postby GoHop Longhaul Expert » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:36 am

Hi Louchris

Wow you have of choice in there and all great spots!!

If you have a month I would suggest South East Asia as you can easily fit a lot of travel in and also some beach time.

So if you travelled around Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia, you would be able to do this easily in a 3 week timeframe. Then that gives you a week left at the end to do your beach break, you could head to Thailand for this to keep costs down or if you leave Vietnam as your last country to see you could do a beach break here.
You could also combine Abu Dhabi or Dubai into this at the start or end of your trip so that is another country off the bucket list!!

The only thing you do need to consider with South East Asia is that September is rainy season. So unfortunately you need to expect some rain along the way with this itinerary. That doesn't put people off though, probably as Irish people live in a wet climate most of the year anyway, people do still travel then.
I visited Vietnam and Cambodia in September and everyone said I was mad to do it but honestly we only got about 3 days where it rained during a 3 week holiday and that was only for about 10 - 15 minutes on each of these days.
So I was very lucky but have had friends saying the same thing that it was never days of constant rain, however you just never know!!

Another option you might consider is Borneo. This is easily combined with pretty much any country in Asia and even Dubai or Abu Dhabi. August and September are really good months weather wise and it is just beautiful over there. Although it will be rainy season in Malaysia you could stop for a few days in Kuala Lumpur on the way over if you fancy a quick city break.

So there are lots of choices depending on your budget, but generally Asia is pretty affordable.

My name is Jennifer and I am a senior travel consultant with GoHop.ie. I have been working in the travel industry for the last 13 years, and have travelled to many countries in my time. I have been lucky enough to travel extensively throughout Asia, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Cuba, Kenya, Dubai, and even Antarctica. The list is long and always getting longer!! I look forward to helping you plan a holiday that is right for you and to match your budget expectations. If you need any help give me a call any time on 353 01 2412342 or via email jennifer@gohop.ie

GoHop.ie : Voted Weddings Online "Honeymoon supplier of the year" and winner of Friendliest Irish business award.

robbyfine
New Wolly

Re: Asia honeymoon, please help??

Postby robbyfine » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Thailand is really awesome idea! My hubby and I spent our honeymoon in Koh Samui. It is very romantic and beautiful place. We stayed at a super fashanable villa we had ordered on http://yourkohsamuivillas.com/ in advance. If you ever have a chance to visit Koh Samui- go! It`s a real gem! We spent the majority of the time relaxing along the beautiful beaches, just enjoying each others presence.

Go to The Honeymoon

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T