when does free gp for 0-5 year olds start?

Go to Mums & Kids

waffle
Mini Wolly

when does free gp for 0-5 year olds start?

Postby waffle » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Like the title says does anyone know when this starts? Do we get a card for them or just rock up to the GP?

babydust2012
Supreme Wolly

Re: when does free gp for 0-5 year olds start?

Postby babydust2012 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:14 am

Would love to know this also, I was in the GP at the weekend and forgot to friggin ask :duh: :duh: :duh:

Anne Cordelia Shirley
Supreme Wolly

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:30 am

AFAIK negotiations with gps haven't begun so I don't think its imminent.There's also no guarantee all practices will sign up to it.

eta this is on citizens advice: Free GP care will be introduced during 2014 for children under 6 years of age. This will require legislation.

CherylC
Royal Wolly

Postby CherylC » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 am

Its still under negotiation. I read in the paper today that it won't be before the summer anyway.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

[url][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
[/url]

Flower Girl
Wolly Addict

Postby Flower Girl » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm a GP myself, and there's been no consultation at all so far. My impression is that most GPs don't agree with it, so negotiations are likely to be very drawn-out and contentious.

waffle
Mini Wolly

Postby waffle » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Oh poop!!

Sweetheart Gowns
moobear
Royal Wolly

Postby moobear » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:29 am

I was wondering about this also. Looks like its a bit off still

However, I can understand why GP's are concerned about it. As with most things that are "free" it will get abused and taking up time. I feel a better approach would be to reduce the charge for under 5'a from the standard cost for the gp to a nominal charge of €10-20. This way I don't think it will be abused.

I'm not saying that everyone will abuse it but sadly there is a small sector of our society that will. If there is a small charge it may deter these people from going with every little thing
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Bigsurprise
Princess Wolly

Postby Bigsurprise » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:53 am

moobear wrote:I was wondering about this also. Looks like its a bit off still

However, I can understand why GP's are concerned about it. As with most things that are "free" it will get abused and taking up time. I feel a better approach would be to reduce the charge for under 5'a from the standard cost for the gp to a nominal charge of €10-20. This way I don't think it will be abused.

I'm not saying that everyone will abuse it but sadly there is a small sector of our society that will. If there is a small charge it may deter these people from going with every little thing

I agree with you on this. Personally I don't agree with any universal benefit but perhaps reducing the cost for under 5's would be less on a administrative burden.

Go to Mums & Kids

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T