Your walk up the aisle will likely be accompanied by a soft and romantic song, possibly acoustic or orchestral. Your walk back down the aisle as a married couple should, on the other hand, be full of celebration and a sign the party has officially started!
There’s nothing like that ‘just married’ feeling, especially, as like a lot of 2021 couples, you’ve been waiting a long time for it to happen. Show off your music choices, make it a song your guests will never forget and get the celebrations off to a great start.
It’s little details like this that your guests will always remember, the minute they hear it playing long after your wedding should bring a smile to their faces. Here’s 10 modern songs that will do just that and have you dancing to the reception!
*If you’re in the process of creating a Spotify playlist for your party, this is a great place to begin.
WOL Top 10 Modern Just Married Songs
On Top Of The World, Imagine Dragons
Best Day Of My Life, American Authors
Marry You, Bruno Mars
Something Just Like This, The Chainsmokers, Coldplay
Afterglow, Ed Sheeran
Hey Ho, The Lumineers
One Day Like This, Elbow
Can’t Stop The Feeling, Justin Timberlake
Shut Up and Dance, Walk The Moon
Crazy In Love, Beyonce ft. Jay Z
Tips for choosing your recessional song…
1. Decide what the song means to you as a couple and choose a style from that.
2. What emotions do you want the song to convey?
3. Take a look at the lyrics of your shortlist, they could make all the difference.
4. Forget about others opinions, it’s your personal choice, make it that!
5. Have fun choosing your song, make it a pre-wedding activity to remember.
(Featured image: Paul Duane Photography)
The following two tabs change content below.