- What personal data do we collect?
- How do we collect your personal data?
- Personal data we collect & process on behalf of Suppliers
- Who will we share your personal data with?
- How will we use your personal data?
- How do we store your personal data and lawful basis?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
WOL collects the following personal data:
- Personal identification information, this includes name, email address, phone number, address).
- Geolocation .
- IP address.
- Browser & device details - we collect personal data about how you use our Website and the computers or other devices, such as mobile phones or tablets, you use to access our Website.
- Start, sign or review a User Document – please refer to the General Website Terms and Conditions for more information on User Documents
- Any other personal data which you might provide to us relating to your wedding.
How do we collect your personal data?
You directly provide WOL with most of the personal data we collect. We collect personal data and process personal data when you:
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey, provide feedback/reviews on any part of our Website or message boards or via email, enter competitions, or make contact with us in anyway or ask to be included on our mailing list.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Register for a WOL account.
- Create or edit your account user profile.
- Send or receive messages through your WOL account.
WOL may also receive your personal data indirectly from the following sources:
- WOL registered suppliers (“Suppliers”), Suppliers may give us your personal data. For example, if a Supplier wants you to sign a User Document through our Website, they will give us your email address and name.
Personal data we collect & process on behalf of Suppliers
- When you interact with Suppliers to review and/or sign contracts through WOL Contracts, we process and store certain personal data on the Supplier’s behalf, as a data processor and in accordance with their instructions. In those instances, the Supplier is the data controller and is responsible for most aspects of the processing of the personal data. If you have any questions or concerns about how personal data is processed in these cases, including how to exercise your rights as a data subject, you should contact the Supplier. If we receive any rights requests concerning instances where we act as data processor, we will forward your query on to the relevant Supplier.
Who will we share your personal data with?
- We may share your personal data with Suppliers who we think you might be interested in or where you have requested that we share your personal data with Suppliers.
- We may share your personal data with other companies we use who support our business. These companies provide services such as IT and legal services. We have contracts with our service providers that address the safeguarding and proper use of your personal data.
- We may share your personal data with a third party, as part of a due diligence process in contemplation of a merger or sale of our assets or business. If any sale or merger occurs, we will provide notification of any changes in control of your personal data, as well as the choices you may have.
How will we use your personal data?
In general, we collect, use, store, and process your personal data to provide services to you, to fix and improve those services, to develop new services, and to market our Suppliers and their products and Services.
WOL collects your personal data so that we can:
How do we store your personal data & Lawful basis?
WOL securely stores your personal data at Swords Business Campus, Balheary Road, Swords, Co Dublin and electronically. WOL takes the security of your personal data seriously and ensures that both hard data and electronic data is securely stored. Electronic data is accessed via secure connections and is stored in a high-security data centre with multiple backup and security systems. Multi-factor authentication protocols are used for server access.
WOL will retain your personal data for the following periods and on the following lawful basis:
|Personal Data||Retention||Lawful Basis|
|Website reviews submitted||Indefinitely as posted on a public website||Consent|
|WOL Login details||5 years after last accessed||Consent|
|Enquiries submitted||5 years||Consent|
|IP address||5 years||Consent|
|WOL emails sent by you or to you||5 years||Consent|
|Name, email address, telephone number, wedding details||Until you close their planning account||Consent|
|Email address||Until user unsubscribes from newsletter||Consent|
|User Document/Contracts||7 years||Consent & performance of a contract|
|Usage Data||26 months from the last date of access||Legitimate interests, to analyse usage and improve the website and services|
|Transaction Data||7 years||Consent & performance of a contract|
On the expiry of these periods, WOL will permanently delete all of your personal data from its servers.
WOL would like to send you information about services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our Suppliers. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop WOL from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the WOL Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us .
What are your data protection rights?
WOL would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request WOL for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that WOL correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request WOL to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that WOL erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that WOL restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to WOL’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that WOL transfer the personal data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +353 1 905 9680
Email us: [email protected]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – WOL uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences (including your logged-in status). These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – WOL uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. WOL sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and you can also remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Call us at: +353 1 905 9680
Email us: [email protected]
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that WOL has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office, Website: www.dataprotection.ie, Address: 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28