Mother of the bride dresses come in all shapes and shades for autumn winter this year, as ladies are slowly learning they can indeed wear something unique and stylish and THEM for their daughter/son’s Big Day. Of course the main colours and trends for the season – wool capes, over the knee boots, bell-bottom pantsuits and deep shades like maroons and browns – don’t exactly scream cheerful mother-in-law so really being ‘on trend’ means wearing something elegant, somewhat glamorous and most importantly, something you love.
If you’re a mom who’s anything but traditional you can of course push the bar out with some unusual prints, a little fringing, or something truly unique from one of the incredibly talented Irish designers we have on our doorstep. Separates are becoming more and more popular (no, we don’t mean crop tops and skirts, let’s leave that to the 19 year olds, perhaps) while more and more moms are opting to shop on the high street for something chic and modern. Here’s our pick of the outfits we think will look elegant and timeless no matter what your style.
PS! Ultra modish moms might want to check out our 5 Seriously Stylish Mother of the Bride Dresses for a true contemporary take on MOTB style!
1. Faux fur collar from Coast | 2. Condici pale pink dress and jacket from McElhinneys Department Store & Vanity Fair | 3. Statement hat from Littlewoods | 4. Pearl & crystal drop earrings from Accessorize | 5. Beaded clutch from New Look | 6. Vera Wang Perfume | 7. Vince Camuto court shoes from Arnotts
Elegant Powder Blue & Pearl
1. Gabriele Sanchez pale blue dress from McElhinneys Department Store | 2. Blue petal fascinator by Sophie Hunter Millinery | 3. Jon Richard pearl bracelet from Debenhams | 4. Double pearl stud earring by Jon Richard at Debenhams | 5. Nine West peep toes from Arnotts | 6. Gabriele Sanchez pale blue coat from McElhinneys Department Store
Pretty in Pink
1. White duster coat from Topshop | 2. Pale pink Glacier dress from Monsoon | 3. Pink fascinator from Palles Millinery | 4. Sterling silvers rose quartz heart earrings from Accessorize | 5. Stone embellished strappy sandals from New Look
Glam Gold with a Blue Boost
1. Isabel Campos Gold 3/4 length jacket from McElhinneys Department Store | 2. Blue and gold fascinator from Palles Millinery | Gold lace sleeve dress from Irresistible at McElhinneys Department Store | 4. Pearl drop earrings by Jon Richard at Debenhams | 5. Pink clutch from M&S | 6. Gold lace Benjamin Adams shoes at The Bridal Lodge
Fashion Forward & Fresh
1. & 2. Mint green dress and coat by Niamh O’Neill at McElhinneys Department Store | 2. Nude lipstick by Aerin | 3. Kaliko lace gold bow fascinator from Debenhams | 4. Perspex and mint green shoes from ASOS | 5. Quiz diamante gold trim purse from Debenhams
Preened & Polished
1. Silver fascinator from Coast | 2. Silver Shellac polish from CNDC | 3. Gina Bacconi silver & cream three piece suit from McElhinneys Department Store | 4. Silver clutch from Debenhams | 5. Jon Richard flower brooch from Debenhams | Silver glitter court shoes from Next
This absolute show-stopper of a dress is from Ian Stuart’s mother of the bride collection Beverley Hills. Many vintate loving ladies are on the hunt for gorgeous tea length styles lately, and if that’s you, you’ll LOVE this collection. Ian Stuart is available from McElhinneys Department Store in Co. Donegal.
The following two tabs change content below.
Former editor, current contributor, (she just can't let go!) Karen enjoys writing fashion but is known to dabble in decor from time to time. Her favourite section on the site is the Real Wedding section, followed closely by the Health & Fitness forums.