Irish honeymooners are more intrepid than ever, seeking out adventure and experiences over the traditional ‘fly and flop’, according to honeymoon and long-haul travel specialists, Tropical Sky Ireland.
Among the hottest honeymoon destinations for 2020 are a Thai rainforest camp and elephant sanctuary; a Kuala Lumpur and Bali city and beach two-centre honeymoon; and a Kenya safari with Zanzibar beach combo.
“With the honeymoon the most expensive holiday they are ever likely to go on, Irish couples are less likely to compromise and instead they are choosing to combine not only destinations, but holiday types – so city breaks, safaris, tours and experiential holidays along with traditional beach resorts,” said a spokesperson for the luxury tour operator. “We are seeing a big increase in demand for this type of honeymoon, and particularly those tailor-made to suit individual couples.”
Here are six of the hottest honeymoons to tempt Irish couples in 2020:
1. This luxury Thai honeymoon combines full-on Phuket with the genteel Elephant Hills rainforest camp and elephant sanctuary. 12 nights from €3,379pp. View offer here.
2. Intriguing Kuala Lumpur and beautiful Bali provide an unexpected yet winning city-beach option on this 10-night tropical twin-centre honeymoon. Prices from €1,979pp. View offer here.
3. A few days’ chilling in a paradise beach resort on the Spice Island of Zanzibar is the perfect compliment to a Kenya Beach Safari honeymoon. 10 nights including flights from €3,679pp. View offer here.
4. The ultimate active honeymoon, this action-packed Exhilarating BC trip gives couples the opportunity to explore the cities and national parks of beautiful British Columbia by bike, on foot and via a range of add-on adventures including whitewater rafting and wake boarding. 14 nights from €1,629pp, including flights. View offer here.
5. Covering just over 4,000 miles in 22 days, explore the cities of New York, Chicago, LA, San Francisco and Washington DC; visit national parks including Yellowstone, Grand Teton and Bryce Canyon; and tick Las Vegas, Niagara Falls and Route 66 (a section of, at least) off your bucket list on The Great American Road Trip. Prices from €3,439pp include flights, car rental and hotel accommodation. View offer here.
6. Wine lovers rejoice, as this exclusive Australian motorhome holiday add-on includes access to some of the country’s best vineyards. Park up overlooking rolling vineyards and sample regional wines at some of the area’s finest wineries and estates, before retiring to your tranquil ‘apartment on wheels’. This 4-night itinerary can be added on as part of a wider Australian honeymoon, so include as part of your very own once-in-lifetime trip. From €759pp, including gourmet hamper, vineyard access, motorhome hire and site location. View offer here.
For more honeymoon inspiration, visit tropicalsky.ie.
The following two tabs change content below.