1 car or 2?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsR123 Posts: 67
Trying to decide on whether to get one 1 car or 2 cars for our wedding..... 1 for me and another one to take my fiance and his groomsmen to the church, but do we really need 2 cars? We were gonna try organise a friend to be their chauffeur! :yelrotflmaosmilie: Just wonder wat u guys think :) Tks :o)ll
coco11 Posts: 309
I think if you have a nice car somewhere in the family, tie a ribbon on it and its perfect, Save yourself a few bob towards something else like shoes or a handbag :o)ll :o)ll
Jawl Posts: 8881
I am having 2 cars. There's 8 in our bridal party, so hiring a limo for them. This car will pick h2b and the best man/groomsmen up and drop them to church. Then come to my house and pick up the bridesmaids, kids and my mam. A relative is driving me in his car, and will also take h2b and I to the hotel. So only one car to hire really.
Quiglep Posts: 150
We had 3 cars all borrowed. My hubbies cousin drove me and my dad to church in 1 (borrowed from a footie mate) then me and hubbie to reception in it, my brother drove bridesmaids to church and reception in my cousins car and my brother in law the best man drove the groomsmen car also borrowed from family. Cars would have cost 400 each to hire and under 25 couldnt drive them so we borrowed as my brother was only 20 at the time. It was a good way to involve people close to you who are outside of your bridal party. All the cars were similar in colour and style - dont ask me what they were!
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I'm actually not hiring any cars at all. The best man drives a nice bmw so he's just gonna drive himself and H2B to the church. Then my parents both drive nice mercs (1 is bigger and silver and the other is smaller and black). So I'll prob go in the black one with dad and get a cousin or somebody to drive and then mum and the bms will go in the silver one. Job done!!
rosiemama Posts: 3363
we had 1 car - a white daimler - which picked up groom and groomsmen and took to church, then came to my house and took me, bms, mum and dad all to church, dropped bms and mum and went round the block with me and my dad and then dropped us off. only cost us 200. was lovely having my whole family with me on the way too.
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
1 car would be enough and if someone has a nice car pop a ribbon on it save the money