10 week scan photo - question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

einstein Posts: 485
This is a pic of our 10 week scan, hopefully you can see our LO. Just one question thats playing on my mind, is my uterus a funny shape? :-8 Basically any scan I've seen the baby is in a round or pear shaped sac, mine is a banana! It was a private scan so the Dr wasnt there to offer us medical advise. Any sonographers out there??[img][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x166/jennyc2326/baby.jpg[/img][/img]
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
I had a scan the exact same and I asked the doc-she said its the pg sac being squished by the scan machine and bending it out of shape! I thought it was weird as the scan id had the week before was a lovely round shape Congrats on scan btw :wv
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Awww congrats Einstein! Can't answer your question coz I'm only 5 weeks! :-8 I can't wait for the scan though! :o)ll
Thanks girls!! I probably should have said that it was an internal scan as my bladder was too full!! Could my bladder have caused this shape? I really dont know where all my bits are in there!! :-8
mischa09 Posts: 1068
Hi Einstein My first scan was like that! A banana! Your LO looks like a little teddy bear! So cute.
Thanks Mischa09, thats what we thought.... a little teddy. You have reassured me. I thought nothing of it until people have made comments about my "banana" shaped uterus!!! Sounds ridiculous I know but I just dont want wanything to be wrong.
Emme Posts: 4735
[img:3epdmnck]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp288/Deelittle_2008/Picture.jpg[/img:3epdmnck] Any excuse to show pics!!! Mine is like a banana with an apple at the end! It just depended on positioning at the time of photo. Baby looks so cute! Aren't people awful to comment on your uterus shape though?
Thanks Emme, Yeah some people are a bit odd!! Your scan photo is definitely not round, and I see you're 14 weeks along! Congrats. The things that play on our mind.....
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Couldn't look and not post on how adorably cute that baby is Einstein! God you have put the goo on me! I would love another one so much................ Good luck with the pregnancy (Oh God I want to be pregnant again!!!) :lvs