1st Dance - can find song slow enough !

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sept12bride Posts: 94
Hi, We really want "you got the love" as our 1st dance but cannot find it in a slow enough version to use as our 1st dance.... Anyone out there know if it exists???? Thanks
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
I'm sure it exists but there's no rule to say you can't use the original fast version? Go for it O-O
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Do you anyone who could sing a slowed down version? Could your band do it? My SIL sang and played it on guitar in the residents bar at our wedding, she has a real Lisa Hannigan style voice, still makes me bawl everytime she sings it at a session!
stupidname2013 Posts: 924
The Florence and the Machine version? It's quite slow?
[quote="stupidname2013":41akz37j]The Florence and the Machine version? It's quite slow?[/quote:41akz37j] Yeah thats what i thought untill i listened to it with our 1st dance in mind! O:| i still thought we cud pull it off but H2B said no its still to fast :o)ll
stupidname2013 Posts: 924
Have you looked for an accoustic version or something on youtube? Might give you some ideas? I've been doing this for my ceremony music...
Belle28 Posts: 260
We were having this as our 1st dance song but OH wasn't so kean on how up tempo it was and for people to be watching you dance( he'd) rather go around in circles for 3mins. Anyway we were going to have it as a 2nd song for bridal party to get things going or i was thinking of having it as we were leaving the church.! Many ways to tie it in somewhere! Good luck :heartbeat:
[quote="Belle28":1qqv1mkh]We were having this as our 1st dance song but OH wasn't so kean on how up tempo it was and for people to be watching you dance( he'd) rather go around in circles for 3mins. Anyway we were going to have it as a 2nd song for bridal party to get things going or i was thinking of having it as we were leaving the church.! Many ways to tie it in somewhere! Good luck :heartbeat:[/quote:1qqv1mkh] Hi, I was thinking of having it after service myself but then im paying the wedding singer soooooo much id rather have her sing us out of the churh ha.. Also thought of it was 2nd song for brial party but then im thinking i dont think i will do brial party dance