Menu

40 Weeks ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

agie Posts: 1107
Ok Im not pregnant but ttc. I know that a pregnancy is 40 weeks. Just wondering when is week 1 - is it meausred from the last af or from the time that you ov or when, thanks?
vonnyoc Posts: 2688
Hi Agie, its the first day of your last period,thats what the doctors go by. at 4 weeks your baby is only a week old
bibikay Posts: 644
[quote="vonnyoc":k0s91p0o]Hi Agie, its the first day of your last period,thats what the doctors go by. at 4 weeks your baby is only a week old[/quote:k0s91p0o] Oops .. I think you mean 2 weeks old, if you are talking about an "average" cycle. Agie - Day 1 is the first day of your cycle - 40 weeks is then counted from that. Average cycle is 4 weeks, or 28 days, and again the "average" date of ovulation is around day 14, which is when fertilisation is judged to have occurred. Hence, when you are considered 4 weeks pregnant, your embryo is only 2 weeks old. Obviously, we are all different - cycles may vary in length, luteal phase (time between ovulation and period) may vary etc etc, but there has to be an average and a standard reference for us all to use, so this is it. HTH!
vonnyoc Posts: 2688
Ooops! yes 2 weeks old :-8
thanks vonnyoc and bibikay for that. I tested this morning and got a BFP - delighted.
pattie Posts: 2379
Congrats agie :o)ll Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months O-O
thanks diotima
NewGirl Posts: 1143
Agie CONGRATULATIONS, Put up a post telling the world your good news, not everyone will read this one. Have a happy and happy pregnancy. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Moet for me Posts: 1841
that is great news :o)ll :o)ll on the 40 week pregnancy thing I think that is a myth :o0 I was 40 + 10 when I was finally induced on dd, I'd say if tehy hadn't done that she'd still be all snuggled up inside of me, next time I am going to pretend pregnancy is 42 weeks and then I can get a pleasant surprise if the child is born earlier. :o0