8 month old waking during the night crying

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jelliebean Posts: 41
Up to recently DS was sleeping through the night and would go in to cot awake and would amuse himself and fall asleep no problem. Over the past week or ten days he has been waking up at various intervals crying really hard, somrtimes ihave to take him up in my arms he usually falls asleep again quite quickly once he has the soother. At first I thought it might be night terrors but he is mad teething at the moment so was wondering could this be why he is waking up. Just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience. Thanks J
Gidz Posts: 290
Probably is his teeth Jelliebean but maybe he's hungry. I dont think night terrors start that young, that starts about 2yrs or so i was told. I could be wrong though. My DD sleeps 14hrs (and im not boasting) but @ about 7 and half mnths she started waking @ 3am crying hard. I wasnt sure if she was teething or getting hungrier, so i increased her meals during the day and got her this teething gel that the chemist makes up, (its fab stuff,numbs the gum totally) and she's back in her routine again. HTH and best of luck. :wv
OAT Posts: 2207
Was on the Supernanny website last night and believe it or not but poor lo's do actually have nightmares :o( :o( Apparantually what happens is they have a nightmare, scream and cry, mummy comes running showring hugs and kisses so baby catches on does it again for attention :ooh But I would imagine it's just his teeth tbh
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
[quote="GiddyBride":iwlyhoic]Probably is his teeth Jelliebean but maybe he's hungry. I dont think night terrors start that young, that starts about 2yrs or so i was told. I could be wrong though. My DD sleeps 14hrs (and im not boasting) but @ about 7 and half mnths she started waking @ 3am crying hard. I wasnt sure if she was teething or getting hungrier, so i increased her meals during the day and got her [b:iwlyhoic]this teething gel that the chemist makes up, (its fab stuff,numbs the gum totally) [/b:iwlyhoic]and she's back in her routine again. HTH and best of luck. :wv[/quote:iwlyhoic] GiddyBride can I have the name of that stuff for teething???? My LO is driven mad at the minute :o(
Gidz Posts: 290
Its just called The Teething Gel. My local Chemist makes it up. Im sure alot of chemists make it up. Also my DD has been suffering from a sore bum from teething and they make up nappy rash stuff as well. Its absolutely brill. Cleared it up in 2 days and not a bother since. HTH. :wv