96 fm wedding story - OMG!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
My mom was telling about this me so this is second hand info but apparently there was a wedding in Midleton last week and the entire Bridal party were assembled on a footbridge for photographs and the bridge collapsed!!!! The poor bride was destroyed, she ended up in horrible mucky stagnant water!!! OMG, can you imagine!!!! The poor girl! :o( :o( Apparently, Say I Do (which is a bridal shop in Midleton) gave the bride a new dress and their seamstress sewed her into it so it fit her perfectly! Fair play for them for doing that! Apparently the entire town was hepling them out. I think somone re-did her make up. The bridal party didn't get to the reception until 7oc!!! And the manager of the hotel (Vienna woods I think) had all the guests lined up along the entrance to greet the bride and groom. I hope they had a good reception :xox the poor things :action32 Did anyone else hear about this? My mom was a bit sketchy with the info.
Elban26 Posts: 2458
Oh my God, :eek nightmare story! Didn't hear it but fair play to all of those who helped out teh bridal party. Hope the reception went without any hitch.
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
Oh God can you imagine. Id be devastated. But Im sure it was a great reception in the end. Note to self - no standing on bridges with large amounts of people on wedding day!
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
I think the only way to deal with a situation like this would be to laugh your *ss off!!! I hope the bride was able to! Presumably if they were having photos it was after the ceremony, which means at least she'd been seen by everyone in all her finery! If it was caught by the videographer it would be even better. Maybe I'm being unrealistic thinking I'd laugh, but I genuinely believe I would have (as would our bridal party!)
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
Yep it's a terrible story. I know one of the guests who was at the wedding and in fairness to Say I Do and the menswear shop in Midleton they were fantastic. The girls were on the bridge having their photo taken when the bridge gave way & the groomsmen jumped in to pull them out. Both Say I Do & the mens shop looked after them brilliantly. The only saving grace (if there is any) is that at least all her guests had seen her in her real dress and the photographer managed to save the camera so she has photos of the ceremony and everything before the incident.
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
I'm so glad the photos were saved - Jesus can you imagine if the camera got soaked - doesn't bear thinking about. Poor girl :weep