Menu

Acid Relux in Dogs

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
Does anyone have any experience of acid reflux I'm dogs? One of our retrievers seems to be suffering from it the last few weeks. She's been to the vet twice and she has prescribed her some tablets to help and she takes one twice a day. She seems to have a wee bout of it every two weeks or so. She's a little over weight and has actually put on weight in the last two weeks as she cannot take her tablets on an empty stomach so I have to mix a little wet food thru her morning feed to get her to eat it. Does anyone know of any tips I could use to ease it or how I could reduce her weight as from reading the internet I see being over weight can aggravate the problem
Excitedme Posts: 171
Hi cupcakebabe Aw your poor doggie it's so hard when they can't talk to us! What are her symptoms?
She is gagging and like retching and drooling a good bit. For some reason it only seems to happen her at night. She's mad to eat grass when it happens her. Feel so sorry for her
Excitedme Posts: 171
Our Labrador had something similar but after tablets didn't work the vet reckoned it was a symptom of anxiety! (No idea why this dog was anxious as she has the life of Riley!) Stress or change of routine can often trigger things like that. Also exercise and a house that's not too hot we found helped
Funny u shud say that about a change in her routine. My dh has changed jobs and is away a lot now and he is her favourite between us! She must just miss him! Poor wee thing!