Menu

Advice needed!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

soexcited78 Posts: 63
Hi Ladies, It's been a long time since I have been on this site I have no time now since I had my baba last December!! Anyway I just wanted to you ask you ladies for some advice basically I ovulated this month i'm not TTC no. 2 just yet but I always know when I ovulate because I get pains mid-cycle so I reckon I ovulated day 14/15 out of a 28 day cycle. So last week my hubby and I were on a day off and yes we decided to take advantage of the alone time because baba was in creche so we dtd and my hubby said 'nothing got in'if you know what I mean :) but to be honest I think it might have! so the next day I started to have bad ovulation pains again?? and I was due AF on Saturday and nothing at all and I'm very regular first of all can you tell me why I would have OV pains twice in one month and would it be possibe to conceive so late in your cycle?? or could it be something to do with my cycle changing?? any advice would be welcome - good luck to you all with your pregnancies :) Thanks girls!
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
Can't advise you but if AF was due on Sat then maybe just do the test??
nini83 Posts: 1917
I think you need to test hun :o)ll
Thanks nini83!! I'll give it another few days and see what happens!
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
I'd definitely test just to put your mind at rest, your AF could be late now because you are stressing out.
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I've longer cycles so I can't really compare to you. I wasn't really watching my last cycle properly because it seemed a bit all over the place. But looking back on it I seemed to have ov'ed and maybe earlier than normal. But towards the end of the cycle I got signs that I Ov'ed again (EWCM) and I thought it was weird, I remember thinking that was strange because I thought that had happened earlier on in the month. I found out I was pregnant that month and was shocked, I had written off the cycle and was going to wait for the next month. I think in hindsight I could have been pregnant with twins if we had DTD at the time of the 2nd OV, thankfully not though! I've read since that people do get pregnant with twins a lot this way, and also that it can be more common in older women. So it is possible that you OV'ed later on, don't know what that means for when you would test though? I think my 2nd OV was still about 10 or more days before I was due AF anyway, and I had a feeling I was pregnant a day or 2 before I was due. If you wait until the end of the week and then test again? Do you feel like you have any pregnancy symptoms yet?
mummytime Posts: 3149
If you ovulated earlier in your cycle( as you initially thought) then you would have your period by now so that may have been ovulation pains which you felt last week. You will only know if you are pg by doing a test 10-14 days after you dtd.
Hey Ladies, Thank you much for all your replies I still have no AF I'm going to leave it for a few days I dont feel that I am pregnant although in saying that I got little or no symptoms with my daughter I was blessed I had a really good pregnancy but I am exhausted but that could be down to AF on the way I'm going to wait until the weekend and if it hasn't arrived by then I'll definitely test!! Thanks again for all your replies and good luck to you all if anything happens over the weekend i'll let you all know!!