Advice needeed!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MissMuppet Posts: 2085
ItsMrsBurkenow Posts: 665
Yea defo!!!
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
I'd give the shop in the south the chance, to lower their price for you! Congrats on finding 'the dress' :wv
mrsmaybride2010 Posts: 843
Hi Bree Lee i found my dress down here and when i emailed a stockist in england it was about 500.00 cheaper. so i went back to try the dress on again for my mam and just daid it to her. i ended up getting 15% off which was brilliant. it will work out the same as englande by the time i took shipping costs and then alterations costs.. they wont want to lose the sale so they will defo give discount.
MissMuppet Posts: 2085
Ah thanks girls... I'll give it a go so...All she can say is no :o0 :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="Bree Lee":1koy6pe1]Ah thanks girls... I'll give it a go so...All she can say is no :o0 :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll[/quote:1koy6pe1] Thats the right attitude, the worst the shop can say is no. Good luck hope you get money off.
im waiting Posts: 2727
definetly ask for some sort of discount as a sale is a sale. I came across my dress up north too for €580 cheaper and I told the shop and she gave me the equivalent off the dress. If they wont give the discount than your better off not doing business with them, at least you know you can get it elsewhere because I had some problem finding mine elsewhere as no one did the designer. Best of luck xxx
midnightqueen Posts: 582
definaltly chance it. O-O What have you got to loose NOTHING???? If they dont give it to you any cheaper then just go to the one up the north. >:o) >:o)
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
I would def chance it O:o)
quartz Posts: 446
This happened to me. Found my dress in Belfast 700 euro cheaper than in Dublin. Asked shop here to match it but they wouldn't match it, would give me some discount but nowhere near 700 so off I went to Belfast. Now I'll have to sort out my own alterations but I'll still be saving a lot. There's no harm asking your shop and if more and more people do this we could start a revolution :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll