alternate to hydrangia

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shazza k Posts: 525
I originally wanted cerise pink hyndrangia for my pew ends but have been told they wilt very quickly. I was going to get them wholesale and wanted to do the flowers etc in the church the day before the wedding so I dont think it will work out. I want my bouquet to be cerise pink with calla lillies and garden style flowers. Calla lilles are lovely but would need three on each pew to look decent which would work out too expensive Can anyone recomend another pew end that isnt too expensive a bit like the hyndrangia not too expensive and will last well over night. I dont really want gerberas or roses Im looking for something a bit differnet.
Rosellens Posts: 1
Just pm'd you on this.
LittleLily Posts: 3682
We have hydrangea in the garden and when we pick it and bring it in it last about 10 days in water. I had hydrangea in my bouquet and it lasted about 4 days out of water before it started looking droopy so you should be fine with hydrangea, it'll last fine. Hydrangea isn't cheap though so you might be as well to go with the calla lilys it would probably work out the same price if not cheaper.
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
I agree with littlelily, I have Hydrangea in water (from the garden) for the last 8 or 9 days and they're still looking perky and the colour is vibrant. So, surely if you keep them in water for as long as possible before putting them in your church they should last? Obviously I know nothing about churches and flowers though maybe a florist will tell you differently ...